• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why so many glock haters?

so you say most people buy them so they get a free sticker to put on their truck?

Or is it that they are overpriced and you can put $2 of ice in it and keep it for 5 days?

:D

lol
Glock stickers are rare ya know.
Both are over rated, not over priced.
A Yeti will hold ice for 4-5 days but the beer usually is gone in 4-5 hours.

I carried one on duty for years. Glock 23. I was a firearms instructor for my department. Glocks are very good firearms. Reliable. I never really liked mine. I could shoot better with a revolver or with my Beretta. It carried well. I never felt undergunned but I always felt like if I could have carried something else I would have. Now if you drop me in the Okefenokee swamp and tell me to survive until I can get myself out, give me a glock.

Glocks are excellent pistols and every gun owner should own one.

I have a 17, great pistol, but if I'm going to shoot for fun, the Glock isnt ever going to be my top choice. Just too damn ordinary...

Add the 50 round drum mag and the story changes.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Guess I'll add to this thread. I've owned 4, still have two, an upgraded 34 and 43 also upgraded. They are great, I'll keep them. I only let my 19 go in a trade, it turned into an m&p then the g34 I now am breaking in for idpa fun. The 17 turned into a milsurp rifle, so glocks make great bargaining chips, every body wants one, they'll usually sell well too. They shoot great and are reliable as ever. On the other side of the coin, I bought both a cz 75 spo1, OMG I'll never think of getting rid of that gun. The perfect weight of the steel in that gun is like the feel of a 1911, but its a full size 9mm, its incredible. I don't feel that when I shoot Glocks. My trainer has been shooting his G17 for a while, and he loves his gun. But I also bought a M&P Pro Performance C.O.R.E. 9mm full size ported barrel. I'm still breaking it in. My trainer shot it the other day, and now wants one. The low recoil, and grip make shooting that gun a dream come true. So, yeah... I love my Glocks, I'll probably get another 17 or 19, and a 26, to keep, trade, shoot, and enjoy. But the CZ and the M&P will stay with me forever. Recently bought a Nitron Sig p226. It feels like the CZ, heavy steel but balanced well. I'll see how I like my first Sig.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Would Dirty Harry or John Wayne carry a Glock? Nooooo.....

Seriously though, Glock is a great gun...just not for me. I've owned 6. But that doesn't mean I hate them.

Guess I'll add to this thread. I've owned 4, still have two, an upgraded 34 and 43 also upgraded. They are great, I'll keep them. I only let my 19 go in a trade, it turned into an m&p then the g34 I now am breaking in for idpa fun. The 17 turned into a milsurp rifle, so glocks make great bargaining chips, every body wants one, they'll usually sell well too. They shoot great and are reliable as ever. On the other side of the coin, I bought both a cz 75 spo1, OMG I'll never think of getting rid of that gun. The perfect weight of the steel in that gun is like the feel of a 1911, but its a full size 9mm, its incredible. I don't feel that when I shoot Glocks. My trainer has been shooting his G17 for a while, and he loves his gun. But I also bought a M&P Pro Performance C.O.R.E. 9mm full size ported barrel. I'm still breaking it in. My trainer shot it the other day, and now wants one. The low recoil, and grip make shooting that gun a dream come true. So, yeah... I love my Glocks, I'll probably get another 17 or 19, and a 26, to keep, trade, shoot, and enjoy. But the CZ and the M&P will stay with me forever. Recently bought a Nitron Sig p226. It feels like the CZ, heavy steel but balanced well. I'll see how I like my first Sig.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You said you will probably get another 17, 19 and another 26 to keep, trade, shoot and enjoy. I don't mean to rattle anyone's cage or to make anyone pop their cork here but I gotta ask.......If Glocks are so great, why is it then that the classifieds are so full of them for sell / trade that it's like a flea market for Glocks? Like everybody thinks they just gotta have one or three. But after they get one, they want to sell or trade it off. When the market is flooded with a particular item used, that is usually a sign to stay away from that item. Pick out any Glock model and see how many you see listed for sale / trade here on ODT verses an M & P. I have never owned a Glock but I have shot quite a few of them. Not one ever made me want to go out and buy one. First time I shot an M & P 9 full size I had to have one. Still got it and never had an urge to sell or trade it. Just saying.

Yeah, I agree with you, but after I let my first one go, I had to get another. I love my 43. Its upgraded a lot, and shoots perfect. The 34 is just like the 17, only larger so accuracy is great. I'd hate to let it go. But the cz and ported m&p... never will get rid of them. They simply fit my hand, and shoot perfect, much better than the full size Glocks. So yeah, I understand your question.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom