• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why so many handguns are for sale with very low, or zero round counts?

Some people buy then trade more than shoot. They baby their guns knowing thry will soon trade. They don't shoot that much and trading is more their hobby than actual shooting. I am sure that all the subdivision dwellers that can only shoot at a local ranges honestly don't have high round counts on their firearms.. they are all "fired" at the factory. Anyway...... On to the next thread.....

I wouldn't have any problem buying a used Glock, M&P, Sig, most quality 1911s or even a HK with 1000+ rounds through them because those weapons are made to take all kinds of hell and still run given I can give the weapon a good visual inspection. In my mind they are just now broken in. Same with a shotgun. A rifle on the other hand I prefer new because I know the barrel will be broken in properly unless I see with my own eyes at a rifle range that it shoots a half MOA or better.

I have four or five handguns, one ar I shoot, one hunting rifle, and three shotguns I shoot.
I have at least seven handguns, four rifles, and two shotguns I have never shot. Some of these I have had over fifteen years.
I have one handgun that has not been shot since 1981.
If I see something I like, I will buy it where or not I plan to ever shoot it. To me some guns are a thing of beauty.

Now that I am a point where I am unable to do a lot of things, I plan to reduce my collection and a lot of them will be only shoot at the factory. I have not purchased a firearm in several years as my driving became a problem due to problems with a total hip replacement that has been worked six times. If I drive over ten or fifteen minutes I am a good bit of pain.

To me it does not seem unusual to see unfired guns if mostly coming from some of the older members.

That's pretty funny coming from a guy that wants to trade model cars for guns. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/332513-WTT-Want-to-trade-hobby-stuff-for-firearm you sure that one of 50 wasn't a toy :car: :boink:
In the car hobby we call trailer queen owning morons like that.....well.....uhh...morons. lol...
Actually the most common cause of such activity is the desire for attention, odometer wh0-ring etc...Rear car guys DRIVE their cars.

I have owned some extremely rare cars....like one of 50 existing etc....they ALL get driven. Period.

Guns OTH are a bit different than cars. Some folks collect them like beanie babies. I shoot all mine.
But, most of the NIB sales here are just hustlers trying to make a buck....or a hundred or two.
Example: S&W Shields....virtually none sold here were purchased by anyone with any intention
other than making $.

I gonna go ahead and apologize for that, just couldn't resist that setup

I dont listen to what people say about how many times they fired a gun you can look at the gun and have some idea, a gun was made to shot if its clean i don't care.

There is a guy I work with that said went and bought 2 new AR's when the Sandy Hook stuff happened and says he has all this ammo and gun stock piled but when I ask him how they shoot he's like "I don't want to shoot them, then they won't look new..."

I'm like, "uh... so... don't you want to get an accurate zero on those AR's to make sure your sighted in?" Then its usually some kinda stupid ass response back about how well he can shoot and blah blah blah... He doesn't shoot anything he owns he says. If your stock piling weapons and ammo, wouldn't you like to at least function test your stuff?!?! I think he is full of **** personally. I don't think he realizes shooting is a skill set that needs to be exercised often.

I gonna go ahead and apologize for that, just couldn't resist that setup

Sometimes a fella has to make a stupid joke...I understand. ;)
Actually my love of classic and muscle cars pre dates my ability to own real ones.
As for the scale models, some are rare, but I dont drive them that much. They are too hard to get in and out of. haha :D

A lot a folks acquire a gun and shoot maybe a mag through it and stuff it in a drawer or console. Everyone in my extended family owns handguns and I've just got one uncle that shoots regularly. And id bet most ppl don't care or don't know how to field strip them either.

I'm like many on both sides. I have a lot of BNIB weapons and many that I have fired and/or carry all the time. To each their own. They're investments or assets, however you look at it. Their your property. Do with it, what you want. I can afford to buy them, I can afford to shoot them. I can afford to collect them, That is what I worked for and saved for and earned my money for. The moment that someone else starts putting food on my table, thats when others can delegate what I do in my house. And, I respect what you do in your house.

Back
Top Bottom