• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why so many handguns are for sale with very low, or zero round counts?

I do also think, could be wrong, that people are listing over priced guns on here. Then going to create a new account and saying I will take to make it look like people are buying these insane prices. Might just be me though.

TacticalMountaineer, It's my suspicion that individuals may also be creating dummy accounts to pad their positive feedback scores. Heck there is probably a whole host of angles people are using to dupe people. I guess there are always a few bad apples, right?

One thing the postoffice does to ensure that you are who you say you are during change of address is get a credit card and bill a dollar from it to verify name and address. Probably too many parinoid people in ODT land that would be against this but in lieu of honesty and integrity it might solve some problems that occur.

Amazing responses. I had no idea the gun world offered such a rich diversity of motivations to trade.

Some of the responses comparing gun collecting to car collecting made me think of stamp collecting. Just because somebody else licked it doesn't mean you want to lick it as well, and yet the stamp has value.

Multiple accounts sounds duplicitous.

I dunno how anyone can have a gun and not shoot it. It's the first thing I want to do. I like to run them often as I can too. It's like having a super fast car but never drive it.

TacticalMountaineer, It's my suspicion that individuals may also be creating dummy accounts to pad their positive feedback scores. Heck there is probably a whole host of angles people are using to dupe people. I guess there are always a few bad apples, right?

One thing the postoffice does to ensure that you are who you say you are during change of address is get a credit card and bill a dollar from it to verify name and address. Probably too many parinoid people in ODT land that would be against this but in lieu of honesty and integrity it might solve some problems that occur.

You gotta have a credit card to move/change your address?...lol

Seems like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Any time I have listed a gun without an estimated round count I get bombarded with that very question. For me personally, if I describe a LNIB gun, I am referring to the condition of the actual gun, not neccessarily how many time it has been fired. I have paid more than I would like to for a gun I wanted on more than one occassion... it is what it is. Some will, some won't. If you are offering what I want, in the condition I desire and I cannot find it anywhere else I might just buy it from you.
I agree that seeing $700-1000 Glocks on here is insane as well as $650 shields and that's why I just keep scrolling....

People forget it's a big world.

Lots of folks that just don't do things the same as you or me.

I know a couple of folks that know more than I do about firearms that couldn't care less about shooting.

They just love trading and showing off their most recent bar-b-q pistols and stack barrel scatterguns.

Eric Shelton of the "Handgun Podcast" said a S&W representative told him the average gun is only fired 15 times.

I bought the wife a "used" S&W M&P 9c at Autreys a couple weeks ago. For "used", it had absolutely no wear I could see. I found paperwork in the box that showed it left the S&W factory in Nov. of 2012, so it was 2 months old when I bought it. Now, having fired 200 + rounds through it I can see wear on the op of the barrel.

I also know a guy who shoots every gun he buys and then sells them as "unfired". Buyer beware I guess.

Back
Top Bottom