• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman killed by her own 2 dogs while on a walk?

Do you think theres ALOT more to this story?

• Total voters
Do your reasearch and do diligence, be responsible really

The opposing sides research is always limited to a quick Google search that takes them to dogbites.org. A website created by a lady who was bit by a pitbull and has made it her mission to cause mass hysteria among soccer mom's everywhere. Sources from actual animal behavior experts like veterinarians, trainer's, and rescue workers will be ignored. Oh look, some colorful charts :lol:

The opposing sides research is always limited to a quick Google search that takes them to dogbites.org. A website created by a lady who was bit by a pitbull and has made it her mission to cause mass hysteria among soccer mom's everywhere. Sources from actual animal behavior experts like veterinarians, trainer's, and rescue workers will be ignored. Oh look, some colorful charts :lol:
Ain’t gotta tell me, I know all about it.

She became a victim, spends her time and effort advocating for other victims and publishing info so people can be informed. She endures a lot of crap (including death threats) from the opposition. I don't agree with her on everything she writes, but I can't fault the path she's taken.

She became a victim, spends her time and effort advocating for other victims and publishing info so people can be informed. She endures a lot of crap (including death threats) from the opposition. I don't agree with her on everything she writes, but I can't fault the path she's taken.
Kinda like Gabby Gifford.

Rights don't come from the Constitution. The government not taking those rights does.

Yes, that's what I wrote. Thanks for emphasizing the point.

However, we don't live in an anarchic society. We live in a society of laws. We choose to vest powers in representative government, for the purpose of resolving or reducing conflict where the freedom of multiple parties would otherwise collide. We also embrace freedom of speech. The women behind dogsbite.org, or Gabby Giffords, have the right to advocate for whatever they see fit. You don't have to like them. You don't have to agree with them. But their right to do so is absolute. Much more so than your right to own an animal that society believes is a genuine threat to public safety. Don't believe me? See if you can find a rattlesnake for sale anywhere, and whether or not you can lawfully keep one as a domestic companion. Every one of the 50 states has laws limiting ownership of such things (there's that pesky 10th Amendment). Such laws have been validated by court decisions, local, state and federal, many times.

Back
Top Bottom