• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman murdered with RIP ammo

I wouldn't trust the efficacy of RIP ammo when every other demonstrably effective projectile focuses on weight retention, while RIP is essentially frangible. Seems like the only effective part of RIP projectiles that remains intact enough to get any penetration is the shank. And there's not as much mass there as in a standard, bonded hollow-point. RIP seems like an overpriced gimmick, to me.
Just pointing out that you can't count on a jury to use logic, or know anything about firearms, if the prosecutor can point to your super scary ammunition to inflame their emotion. Nowadays, using hollow points is defensible because the police do too.
Agreed, I wasn't arguing for carrying RIP ammo, personally I think it's a gimmick too.

Id look at the ex husband or side man. Cuz thats that the police would do in the movies after they totaled up how much was spent to waste her

the criminal probably stole the gun and ammo from a homeowner, criminals do not care if it's hp or fmj

if someone did intentionally use rip ammo then they have more then me

hopefully they find the perp

I read some of Masaad Ayoob's books and he has testified in cases where jurors specifically mentioned that they decided a defensive shooting was unjustified because the defendant used hollow point bullets. Of course, this was before all the police started carrying them. Never underestimate what a prosecutor will stoop to or a jury believe.
This is why I carry Critical "DEFENSE" ammo and NOT critical Assault or any other scary named ammo.

Odd though, everybody is auguring over how good RIP ammo is or is not in a thread about someone killed with RIP ammo. I'm no Philadelphia lawyer but it appears to work.
Shot in back, arms, legs, etc. You could probably exsanguinate someone with a bb gun, if you shoot them enough times. Doesn't make it an effective round. Wow, now I kind of feel like a heartless prick for focusing on the ammo. Hope they catch the guy and stuff....

Back
Top Bottom