• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman murdered with RIP ammo

Did the DA happen to mention any case where the type of ammunition used changed the outcome of a justified shoot to an unjustified shoot?
I read some of Masaad Ayoob's books and he has testified in cases where jurors specifically mentioned that they decided a defensive shooting was unjustified because the defendant used hollow point bullets. Of course, this was before all the police started carrying them. Never underestimate what a prosecutor will stoop to or a jury believe.

I read some of Masaad Ayoob's books and he has testified in cases where jurors specifically mentioned that they decided a defensive shooting was unjustified because the defendant used hollow point bullets. Of course, this was before all the police started carrying them. Never underestimate what a prosecutor will stoop to or a jury believe.
There is a saying about lawyers that when the facts are against you pound the law, when the law is against you pound the facts, when the law and the facts are against you pound the table.

If a lawyer is focusing on the type of ammo you used he's essentially pounding the table because the laws and facts of the case are against him. What gets most people in trouble is their own big ass mouth. But anyways I don't choose my ammo based on what a jury might think of it, I choose it based on its ability to stop a threat.

There is a saying about lawyers that when the facts are against you pound the law, when the law is against you pound the facts, when the law and the facts are against you pound the table.

If a lawyer is focusing on the type of ammo you used he's essentially pounding the table because the laws and facts of the case are against him. What gets most people in trouble is their own big ass mouth. But anyways I don't choose my ammo based on what a jury might think of it, I choose it based on its ability to stop a threat.
I wouldn't trust the efficacy of RIP ammo when every other demonstrably effective projectile focuses on weight retention, while RIP is essentially frangible. Seems like the only effective part of RIP projectiles that remains intact enough to get any penetration is the shank. And there's not as much mass there as in a standard, bonded hollow-point. RIP seems like an overpriced gimmick, to me.
Just pointing out that you can't count on a jury to use logic, or know anything about firearms, if the prosecutor can point to your super scary ammunition to inflame their emotion. Nowadays, using hollow points is defensible because the police do too.

It sounds like you still believe RIP will outperform your Gold Dots?

Not at all, I bought them due to their evil appeal and never did a test on gelatin or water, I have tested Gold Dots and Hydro shocks and either would do the job in the right place. For that matter so would my lead reloads.

I wouldn't trust the efficacy of RIP ammo when every other demonstrably effective projectile focuses on weight retention, while RIP is essentially frangible. Seems like the only effective part of RIP projectiles that remains intact enough to get any penetration is the shank. And there's not as much mass there as in a standard, bonded hollow-point. RIP seems like an overpriced gimmick, to me.
Just pointing out that you can't count on a jury to use logic, or know anything about firearms, if the prosecutor can point to your super scary ammunition to inflame their emotion. Nowadays, using hollow points is defensible because the police do too.

Yeah, welcome to the RIP party. This has been the consensus here ever since the stuff hit the market.

Back
Top Bottom