• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman murdered with RIP ammo

I had my EDC's loaded with RIP ammo till I talked to a DA, and he guaranteed if I had to use it, even in a justified shoot, the defendants lawyer would rip me apart for using such killer ammo, so I swapped out for Gold Dot in every EDC. You never know what a jury might be inclined to believe as to why a robber stealing to feed his 13 chillen and crack for the HO, had to be shot with such an evil bullet.

I hear ya! Same reason you don't carry reloaded ammunition in any of the guns.
You would hear the same line that you made an especially deadly round.

I had my EDC's loaded with RIP ammo till I talked to a DA, and he guaranteed if I had to use it, even in a justified shoot, the defendants lawyer would rip me apart for using such killer ammo, so I swapped out for Gold Dot in every EDC. You never know what a jury might be inclined to believe as to why a robber stealing to feed his 13 chillen and crack for the HO, had to be shot with such an evil bullet.
Did the DA happen to mention any case where the type of ammunition used changed the outcome of a justified shoot to an unjustified shoot?

Only that the user in a case of the "banned" I can't remember the name of the type of HP, but surgeons would get cut when trying to remove fragments, in this case he prosecuted, the perp was dead and the shoot justified. however, in a separate civil case, the jury was swayed by the lawyers argument that the shooter, even though justified, was using that evil bullet in hopes of shooting someone and inflicting extreme damage or death. the jury awarded the punk's family 500K for the loss of their "perfect" son that was only trying to get money for his 9 chillen.

What made you think carrying it was a good idea in the first place?

Only that the user in a case of the "banned" I can't remember the name of the type of HP, but surgeons would get cut when trying to remove fragments, in this case he prosecuted, the perp was dead and the shoot justified. however, in a separate civil case, the jury was swayed by the lawyers argument that the shooter, even though justified, was using that evil bullet in hopes of shooting someone and inflicting extreme damage or death. the jury awarded the punk's family 500K for the loss of their "perfect" son that was only trying to get money for his 9 chillen.

Black Talons

Yeah I've heard that story and several simular ones. To say I'm a little skeptical would be an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom