Worst Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle you have owned and why

ruger security six- my first duty gun.....after trying to hit something with the 15 lb trigger pull I sold it and bought a smith model 19....it became my favorite revolver till the L frames came out

Every single Colt M16 I ever had to carry around was an absolute piece of garbage. Granted, years of abuse will ruin any firearm.. But they were terrible just the same.

Beretta NEO, fail to feed/extract no matter what ammo. Extractor and ramp appear OK-sending this POS in or putting it in the garbage, big decision.

Beretta 96 Brigadier. Slide release broke after 50 rds. Recoil was horrible. Couldn't find a kydex holster it would fit in. Couldn't hit the broad side of a castle from farther than 10 yds. Slide to frame fit was way too loose for a new gun. Bought it for $600+ and got rid of it for $100.

ruger security six- my first duty gun.....after trying to hit something with the 15 lb trigger pull I sold it and bought a smith model 19....it became my favorite revolver till the L frames came out

Ruger must have done something funky with yours...

I've had four of the Six series .357s from Ruger. All have been awesome. I'm currently down to just one - a 4" spurless Service Six that my girlfriend keeps with her.

Every WASR I've owned :/ first one I got used, seemed like a nice solid rifle. Got it home and it wouldn't even load the first round, tried to pull the mag and the mag release wouldn't budge. Ended up putting a couple hours into working the bugs out of that one and got it running pretty good with the mags that came with it, any other mag I tried using wouldn't work right.

Second was a brand new one, but had the same problems. I'd load a mag and stick it in and could barely get the bolt back then it would just hang up on the rounds, it would never scoop one up and load it. Tried working on that one some and never got it to run. Ended up selling it before I could ever get a round down range with it :/

Not limited to WASRs though, had a norinco nhm-91 that I couldnt get to run 100%, had an IO that would run ok but had a few hang ups on the rails causing it to not fully go into battery. Couple saigas that would only run with the right mags. So needless to say I will NEVER trust my life to an AK (not turning this into a gun bashing thread, just sharing my personal experience/opinion) not sure if it's bad luck of what :/

Back
Top Bottom