Worst Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle you have owned and why

M&P 15-22, I was told it did not like cheap ammo. Truth is it does not like being a rifle. I'm considering shooting it with my .308. Only thing that stops me is I put $200 in accessories before I shot it.

I paid $50 for a Phoenix Raven .25acp. Shot like a champ, never jammed and always put lead on target at 5-10 yards.

Paid $80 for a Davis .380acp. Had a few occasional problems but a little polishing on the feed ramp and extractor and never had a problem since.

Paid $175 for an Intratec TEC-9, never was able to put a full magazine through it without a jam but I expected that so it was no big deal. I bought it just because it looked cool. Gun was later stolen from me.

Paid over $400 for a stainless Taurus PT945 and after 3 trips to the gunsmith it still would not reliably feed anything, even FMJS. I got rid of it and will never buy another Taurus auto.

Just my experiences with junk guns...

Id also like to add that I paid $250 for a Astra A75L 9mm. I have carried it for almost 6 years and after almost 4000rds it has never ever given me so much as a hiccup. Its reliable, easy to conceal and accurate. Overall its probably the best pistol I have ever owned. I will never ever get rid of that one!

Remmington 742 in 30-06 the bolt kept digging into receiver and jamming so I sent it back to Remmington and they sent me a new one. Guess what? same thing happened and all of this while using factory ammo from different lots but I did kill a nice 6 pt with it jamming.

mine was a jennings .22 pistol. slam fired on racking the slide and impacted my steel toe boot. sold it promptly with the appropriate disclaimer

I have never actually owned a POS gun, but I have encountered a few that some buddies have owned. One was a brand new Hi Point .380 that would fail to eject the spent casing and double feed two more rounds, every time the slide would go back. I closed the feed lips up on the magazine and got it to not double feed, but something was definitely wrong with the extractor/spring. Another was a Bryco/Jennings .380 that jammed repeatedly. The firing pin also broke after about 30 rounds. Might have been an OK gun if the feed ramp was polished and the frame was fitted to the slide and it had a forged firing pin.

M&P 15-22, I was told it did not like cheap ammo. Truth is it does not like being a rifle. I'm considering shooting it with my .308. Only thing that stops me is I put $200 in accessories before I shot it.

Sorry to hear that mr308. I sold one that I loved!! Very accurate and no problems. What problems are you having with yours?

Guess I have been lucky, have never owned a POS gun. I guess my time is comming though!!

I am the "proud" owner of a RG 14, 22LR wheel gun. I was told by my dad that I was too young to get a weapon of my own. I was 16. I went behind my dad's back and purchased this RG anyway. The first time I shot it, the wheel nearly came out. Second time, the trigger "stuck". Third time,pulled trigger, and waited about 4 seconds for the hammer to fall, that was scary. Could have been real bad for me. Now, I use it as it should be used, NEVER. I still have it because it reminds me of some of the stupid things I did. Yeah, should have listened to dad. RG=POS

Back
Top Bottom