Worst Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle you have owned and why

Ithica 20 ga. Dad bought it new from wally world for me to compete in trap shoots with. Was always hard to chamber, about 800 rounds down the line we found the internals were twisted around the magazine tube. Gun locked up with a shell chambered and the trigger wouldn't pull....I sat outside my house for about 2 hours waiting for my parents to get home b/c I wasn't allowed to take a loaded gun in the house at the ripe old age of 12 or 13. Never will buy another one....even if I did hit 24/25 birds with it at almost every competition.

It was really bad, I respect anything that throws lead even if somone says "its not loaded"

A good reminder that all guns are loaded, all the time.

And, with a cocked and chambered gun, once the trigger has been pulled, and the sear disengaged, even if there is not an immediate "BANG", due to a hangfire caused by primer or mechanical malfunction, it is unwise to turn the muzzle towards oneself out of curiosity.

Keep the muzzle pointed in a SAFE direction, never let it cover something, unless you wish to destoy it.

A good reminder that all guns are loaded, all the time.

And, with a cocked and chambered gun, once the trigger has been pulled, and the sear disengaged, even if there is not an immediate "BANG", due to a hangfire caused by primer or mechanical malfunction, it is unwise to turn the muzzle towards oneself out of curiosity.

Keep the muzzle pointed in a SAFE direction, never let it cover something, unless you wish to destoy it.

Exactly. I had a Davis .380 that want back to the factory because of that. Pulled the trigger, nothing. Dropped the mag, racked the round out, and set it down. About 10 seconds later it clicked and the firing pin dropped. The "master armorer" at Davis included a handwritten apology in with the gun when they sent it back. Apparently, a wrong sized pin had been used. It worked great after that, but that "click" will always stick with me.

Walther P22 as well.......bought 2, sold 2.....will never buy another. Cool little guns but both were terrible, accuracy wise and FTF constantly...............for me:(

Remington 742 in 30-06, don't even get me started.

WASR-10 AK-47, piece of **** out of the box, jammed every 10 rounds, sights were canted, action was gritty, trigger wasn't installed right, rivets were flared.

Get what you pay for fellas.

i hate sigmas. years ago tried a 380, 9mm, and a 40. none would fire an entire mag without jamming. never again. had 3 new llhama 1911's that slam fired out of the box. i don't require a high priced gun but insist on reliability.

Back
Top Bottom