Worst Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle you have owned and why

Too many to list in the junk dept. Most disappointing, would de a shorter list, but still longer than I like to admit. I bought myself a Kimber a Stainless Target II that should have never left the factory. As I'm a slow learner, I also bought myself a Kimber Montana that should have been name Lightning, as it never hit the same place twice. A series 80 Gold Cup. It looked and performed like an early Monday, late Friday masterpiece. I tried the new Hi Standard 22's when Mitchell reintroduced them, beautiful piece of Junque. A Remington Model 7 that wouldn't accept a scope base of any kind. It was drilled and tapped off. You should have seen what I finally received back from Remington. It was a beat to **** replacement rifle, I'm sure someone else had wrapped around a tree before returning to Remington. OK, I'm getting depressed recalling all this stuff. But you get the idea.

Taurus 444 Ultra-Lite 44mag. Cylinder Sieze within the first 20 rounds. Sent it back and it was fine, but left a bad taste in my mouth for thier "Ultra Lite" models.

Phoenix Arms .25- bought it when I was young and had no money. Jammed, failure to fire/failure to extract... it was a scary thing to own.

I've had pretty good luck so far I guess. I always research the hell out of potential new guns (my GF would say I spend way too much time doing this). I usually ask to test fire any new guns (most shops that have a range will let you if you just pay a rental fee), and whenever possible I try to test fire used guns before buying them. That's not always possible, but I will ask to field strip a gun that seems suspect when buying used.

Other than that I just stick to brands with good reliability records.

Although, even with the good brands you can always get a lemon.

HM...another weapon I had for a while that I didn't really care for was/is the M249 LMG. Jammed alot, feed tray parts are always going down on it. Doesn't function with an M16 magazine properly. Last year when I was back in Afghanistan I was a Weapons Squad leader and I had an M4 attached to my assault pack but also carried a MK48. It was heavier then the SAW, but my role with it was different then with the SAW. I used it to designate targets for the 3 M240's under my charge. Miss old Athena.

Wow, I must be the only person on the planet to never had a problem with a Remington 742. I've owned the gun for 24 yrs and it has always performed. You guy's are starting to scare me. The biggest POS I have ever owned was a Tagfolio (EAA). It was a 9mm / .45 acp. It used the same frame with interchangeable slide and clips. The 9 worked fine the .45 wouldn't feed anything. Traded it for a Ruger Vaquero.

Back
Top Bottom