• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yeahs or Nays

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I've been kicking around what I want for my first SBR. I have an existing lower build I plan to use. But my desire is something different in caliber. I have two pistols 223/5.56 and a 300 BO. So I'm thinking 6.8SPC II for this SBR. With existing parts all I need is a barrel and bolt. I've a 6.8 carbine and love that round. Any haters as far as using a 6.8 on an SBR? Bison Armory 11.5" barrel with a carbine gas system will complete and SBR for less then $300 using on hand parts. Is it a problem if I have all the unassembled parts in my possession before having the stamp?

You have pistol lowers. Build all the short uppers you want. Dont build the lower if you dont have another 16" upper. I understand people wanting to stay legal but that intent crap kills me. You don't own any rifles and a hacksaw do you? I hope not because that could be interpreted as intent.

No opinion on the caliber but, having all the parts together in your possession before you have the stamp could be interpreted as constructive intent. That is a no-no!
I'm in trouble. I have future projects with the spares on hand to build a couple pistols and at least one rifle. So they could apply this "intent" to me having pistol barrels and bare lowers? Just because they are here... strange. Thinking further a lot of folks have pistols and rifle AR platforms that at any given time swap a pistol upper to a rifle lower and bingo...instant SBR...

I'm in trouble. I have future projects with the spares on hand to build a couple pistols and at least one rifle. So they could apply this "intent" to me having pistol barrels and bare lowers? Just because they are here... strange.

Scenario 1
If you rob a bank, kidnap a schoolgirl, make a presidential threat and then throw a grenade at the GSP while driving 100 MPH north in the southbound lane, then you might be targeted for intent when the charges start racking up.......and that's only if you have the "intent" parts in your car.

Scenario 2
You setup at XYZ fleamarket every weekend and sell illegal Class III items without proper transfer. Then, you might also be charged with intent.

Scenario 3
You are pulled over on I-575 for speeding and the officers spot 16 bricks of cocaine in your back seat. Upon searching, they find a complete lower on one side of the trunk and an 11.5" upper on the other.

Last edited:
If you want an SBR, then start the process now because it ain't getting any easier with this admin. The great thing about an AR SBR is that you can put whatever caliber and size you want in the original paperwwork and then switch it around to whatever you want after approval.

Scenario 1
If you rob a bank, kidnap a schoolgirl, make a presidential threat and then throw a grenade at the GSP while driving 100 MPH north in the southbound lane, then you might be targeted for intent when the charges start racking up.......and that's only if you have the "intent" parts in your car.

NOPE I don't speed.

Scenario 2
You setup at XYZ fleamarket every weekend and sell illegal Class III items without proper transfer. Then, you might also be charged with intent.

NOPE I don't go to flea markets I use Craigslist.

Scenario 3
You are pulled over on I-575 for speeding and the officers spot 16 bricks of cocaine in your back seat. Upon searching, they find a complete lower on one side of the trunk and an 11.5" upper on the other.

NOPE see scenario #1 concerning speed. Only coke I do is CocaCola

I feel much better now. Thanks CCW

i've been kicking around what i want for my first sbr. I have an existing lower build i plan to use. But my desire is something different in caliber. I have two pistols 223/5.56 and a 300 bo. So i'm thinking 6.8spc ii for this sbr. With existing parts all i need is a barrel and bolt. I've a 6.8 carbine and love that round. Any haters as far as using a 6.8 on an sbr? Bison armory 11.5" barrel with a carbine gas system will complete and sbr for less then $300 using on hand parts. Is it a problem if i have all the unassembled parts in my possession before having the stamp?

7.62x39

Back
Top Bottom