• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Thoughts on a 5.7x28

Chickamauga

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
30   0
Reaction score
I need all of your negative and positive knowledge. I think that I want a 5.7x28 but I have not fired or held one. I like the idea of low recoil and the 20 round mags. Is it too big for concealed carry? Do any of you carry it? Black or FDE?
Thank You!!

My biggest complaint would be the price. The ammo, the gun, the mag, and other accessories are all very pricey. If you got the Rifle and Pistol and only wanted to rock one caliber it would be pretty effective. It's definitely a full frame pistol, so it would be difficult to conceal carry but not impossible. It's a pretty easy shooting. The safety for it in my opinion is in an odd place. It's more of a novelty weapon.

I have the FN pistol. It is a bit big for conceal carry, ammo is about $30/50 which I don’t feel is too unreasonable. I have probably put 1000 rounds through mine over the last 4 years without a single hiccup.

And while the PMR30 is about $400 vs $1000, hold them side by side, and you’ll quickly notice the difference in quality.

More of a very cool and expensive novelty as a pistol. But I would like one. The PS90 is the real deal for Personal Defense. If you don’t mind the ammo expense. But wait, how can you put a price tag on you and your families life???? Ok. A used mossberg 500 and a bunch of shells. $300ish. ;) Cool can be expensive tho.

Back
Top Bottom