• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're not allowed to swim at Lake Lanier in 2023. Period!

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
What in the world is going on with these people?

e90a86bd_z.jpg

Blacks fron Atlanta say Lake Laneir is haunted, evil, contaminated by racism, etc. They keep asking the Corps of Engineers to ban swimming and watersports on the lake, since it's an inherently racist lake built over the site of some majority-black town or camp way back in the day.

Blacks fron Atlanta say Lake Laneir is haunted, evil, contaminated by racism, etc. They keep asking the Corps of Engineers to ban swimming and watersports on the lake, since it's an inherently racist lake built over the site of some majority-black town or camp way back in the day.
No! Please, tell me this is not true! We're definitely doomed!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I have half a mind to get into the lake from a nearby public park or boat ramp,
and swim over to that "Margaritaville" place, and do a dozen trips back-and-forth
just a few yards OUTSIDE their fence. Then swim out of sight, back to my entry point.
I'm not that strong of a swimmer, but I'm counting on my White Privilege to keep me safe.

(The only real problem with my plan is getting myself runned over and kilt by the idiotic, and often drunk, boat drivers on the lake who won't notice a lone swimmer in the water.)

Story I heard was Margaritaville could no longer afford their business liability insurance if they kept the beach open. It was a financial decision and one I’m sure they’re not happy with either.

This is exactly it. As a commercial agent I can definitely see them having to do this or have it excluded from the policy, OR their carrier excluded it and they had to do this. Either way. The rules and underwriting guidelines keep getting tighter.

That ****s dumb as hell, but personally I wouldn't swim in that lake anymore anyways.

I imagine the reasons I wouldn't swim in it are the same reasons they closed it.

Much easier to close the nasty cesspool than have people coming out sick and then having everyone look at the filth quality of the water. Plus they can claim swimming in the water was off limits and their not responsible for whatever God awful thing you contracted.

Back
Top Bottom