• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zip 22lr.....Paging CCF

DeadOnArms is correct on everything he has said and posted so far. Zip has choosen to stick with one main distributor, Davidson's (kind of like how Glock partnered with Lipsey's for the FDE Glocks).

There is almost NO profit margin in these firearms. Dealer cost is roughly $170.00 for the no mag included version before any kind of shipping or profit. Factor in the variables and you'll be hard pressed to find one around the $200 MSRP price point. I expect these things to hover around $230-$260 standard retail for a while. If these aren't received with open arms in the firearms market maybe the "actual" retail price will stay down. If they mimic any of the inovation like designs that Keltec has crapped out over the last few years then the "actual" price will be untouchable for most.

Zip has a bunch of neat additions and accessories listed on thier site in terms of add ons but they should be offering them in packages available for pre-installed retail in my opinion. I want one from the factory with a threaded barrel. Hopefully they will see the demand for this and introduce additional models.

I have been trying to get a few of them since some members contacted me about them months ago. It appears that they are just starting to come to market in the last few weeks. They are allocated which means that a dealer can not just call them up and order them. We have to wait untill our sales rep gets a few and decides that it's our time to get one. The nice thing about Davidson's is they have a lifetime warrenty on all firearms purchased through them. If it turns out to be a POS send it back to them and they'll get you another one, maybe another POS but at least it's a new POS. :)

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of seeing the term "ALLOCATED".

I'm so used to it I dont even let it get me down anymore. Chances are if it's a popular gun, realeased within the last year, comes in any color other than black, or is chambered for anything other than 270 than it's tough to get right now. Add the fact that every manufactorer has a stocking dealer promotion going on right now makes it even harder for the little guy who doesnt want to sign a 10K contract to get guns.

I just chain smoke and hit the refresh inventory button untill my finger hurts. :)

What's it for? When you just want to injure and maim, or when the target isn't worth a centerfire? You cannot claim that it is LTL. I just don't see what it accomplishes other than to make witnesses out of aggressors.

I'm so used to it I dont even let it get me down anymore. Chances are if it's a popular gun, realeased within the last year, comes in any color other than black, or is chambered for anything other than 270 than it's tough to get right now. Add the fact that every manufactorer has a stocking dealer promotion going on right now makes it even harder for the little guy who doesnt want to sign a 10K contract to get guns.

I just chain smoke and hit the refresh inventory button untill my finger hurts. :)

we should all pitch in and buy you a carton of smokes :smokin: :ranger:

Back
Top Bottom