• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9/14 Hunting report

I find it very relaxing, most of the tine i either dont bring my phone or bring a book to read.

On a side note what kind of reticle do you guys use? I love this old German pointed reticle, even in lower light its still easy to see. Its hard to hold your rifle and pjone to get a clear picture..lol
i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_1109141602b2.jpg

On a side note squirrels are some of if not the most idiotically optimistic animals. Watching them attempt to jump from tree A to tree B. Way up in the air and misgjudge the distance and they plumit to the groubd has got to be some of the funniest wildlife stuff i have ever seen.

squirrels are liberals

Never hunted public property,have thought about it a bunch though. Right now im like 40 yards from my house, i can smell the steaks they are throwing on the grill..

so jelly!!!! I have nowhere to hunt, so been doing public this year at the Redlands wma. nothing yet though. I did manage to find a good place deep in the woods and down a nice steep hill that doesn't look like it gets any other hunter traffic (no trash or footprints I can find around). I been thinking of buying a pair of rubber hunting boots to cross a small stream and get on top of a hill on the other side of it.

Just had 8 deer on me within the last 45 minutes. The only one i could have got a shot on was a yearling. I let her go then a big buck came in and ran off the big doe i had my eye on. He kept jumping on her back right in front of the whole family of deer. He ruined my chance for back straps.

Sometimes I think you have the best spot in the whole world, lol.

Back
Top Bottom