• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 OF THESE JUST FLEW OVER

Just odd.. been a long time since I’ve seen or heard a BIG PLANE fly over.. just the the other nite a heli flew over .. good bit after dark.. it was flying towards Marietta
I live 3 miles from dobbins in direct line of runway, they fly over so often I don’t even notice, sometimes I can sit on the back porch while they fly over and over in circles practicing. They shake the whole house.

I live 3 miles from dobbins in direct line of runway, they fly over so often I don’t even notice, sometimes I can sit on the back porch while they fly over and over in circles practicing. They shake the whole house.
i worked a couple of years right by the new Braves stadium, while they were building it. Seeing them fly in formation was always a show. They stood them up on edge turning final.

If they were active, I would go down Cobb Parkway and watch them come over the perimeter of Dobbins, You can see the faces of the pilots.

Someone pointed out to me that a "training" mission might involve flying to the Gulf of Mexico, hanging a rught to Alabama, coming back in time for supper.

First pic appears to be a C-130.

Second pic appears to be a C-17 due to the location of the horizontal stabilizer.

C-17-vs-C-130-size.jpg

There's a C-130 out of a Florida base with call sign "King44" that flies all the way up to my place where it drops altitude and banks hard right above my house then it zig zags around N Ga then heads home. Not sure why it likes to buzz me around 9 at night on a semi recurring basis. I'll have to post the flight radar24 screen shot next time.

King44 wasn't as low this evening prob 5-7K ft altitude. So I didnt get buzzed tonight- about a month ago I swear it was at like 500ft. . Its still flying all the way to Patrick Space Force Base if you want to track it. I just put on my tin foil hat.

flightradar24.com
king44.jpg

Attachments

• king44.jpg
    king44.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom