• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 OF THESE JUST FLEW OVER

king44 is back flying over the property tonight...

king44again.png

What are you doing King44?

king44 is back flying over the property tonight...

View attachment 4879623
What are you doing King44?
130J Cammondo II:
Air refueling of SOF helicopter/tilt rotor aircraft, infiltration, exfiltration, and resupply of SOF by airdrop or airland
Hmmm..................... might have some friends around.

Lots of 130s flying out of Dobbins for Lockheed Martin. Test flights for data gathering and such. I used to work as a contractor on the data storage for the C-130s as well as the F-22 program.

71st Rescue Squadron U.S. Air Force HC-130J Combat King II was designated as a flagship and had shark's teeth paint like the Flying Tigers. Dubbed the "Whale Shark." C130s have been around a long time and are really amazing given what the platform has done, can do, will keep doing.

Connected, but not connected, I regularly see a pair of UH-60's Blackhawks flying into Cherokee Co. Airport (KCNI) up at the north end of Canton early on weekday afternoons, seemingly hang out there for about half an hour, and then lift and fly, often in close formation back SSW - I presume headed for Dobbins.

They're in what I assume are desert colors (not helo drab, green or black) and from the distance (and with my eyes) I can't make out any markings, and certainly can't tell what model they might be.

Any hueys out there with ideas?

Connected, but not connected, I regularly see a pair of UH-60's Blackhawks flying into Cherokee Co. Airport (KCNI) up at the north end of Canton early on weekday afternoons, seemingly hang out there for about half an hour, and then lift and fly, often in close formation back SSW - I presume headed for Dobbins.

They're in what I assume are desert colors (not helo drab, green or black) and from the distance (and with my eyes) I can't make out any markings, and certainly can't tell what model they might be.

Just a routine training flight. They come into the cartersville airport all the time. Its impressive to see them taking off. They give it so much forward pitch while they are still in the ground effect that the tips of the rotor blades come within about 2-3ft from the pavement before they lift off.

Apparentley only military helicopters have working radios too. They are always very good about announcing their position and their intentions. A lot of regular helo pilots never say anything until they are only half a mile from the runway and then the rest of us in the traffic pattern have a panic attack trying to spot them at the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom