• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20 year and 15 year sentences for flag waving disrupters in Douglas county

No, I'm pretty sure it did not happen that way. I don't even think they were at the location of the party. It was a couple blocks away.

The local news stations in Atlanta metro each have been showing the video of the several pickup trucks with the multiple flags waving while passing in front of the birthday party address as the partygoers and even police are there observing and reacting. The video was either made by the partygoers or the news media as they had been alerted. The culprits were definitely there onsight. Re-check with your friends/neighbors. Thanks.

The local news stations in Atlanta metro each have been showing the video of the several pickup trucks with the multiple flags waving while passing in front of the birthday party address as the partygoers and even police are there observing and reacting. The video was either made by the partygoers or the news media as they had been alerted. The culprits were definitely there onsight. Re-check with your friends/neighbors. Thanks.

Yes I know. I have seen that footage, but the incident that earned them 20 years happened at a different location.

Nope. That's not the way it works. Intent makes a huge difference according in our legal system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(United_States_law)#Degrees
they have drunk driving laws, drunk and disorderly conduct, menacing, brandishing a firearm.....then this magical sprinkle coating of "hate" on top of it? Pretty sure Hatred or sin is involved in all crimes against our human brothers there's no need to have a magic coating to add to or take away from already legislated crimes?

People forget we already had drunk and disorderly, improper use of a firearm, brandishing laws. There's ALL sorts of laws to levy charges against without creating the "hate law"

they have drunk driving laws, drunk and disorderly conduct, menacing, brandishing a firearm.....then this magical sprinkle coating of "hate" on top of it? Pretty sure Hatred or sin is involved in all crimes against our human brothers there's no need to have a magic coating to add to or take away from already legislated crimes?

Hey I'm not saying that I support hate crime legislation, I'm saying that intent matters in our justice system.

Back
Top Bottom