• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2005 Buick Lesabre Not Passing Emissions. Help or Ideas needed.

This is what I am thinking too. P0170 and P0171 r 2 dtc codes that ur usually H02S (upstream) as opposed to catalyst monitors (downstream) after the cat. I thank 1 is bank one and the other is bank 2 if memory serves me correct. LOL
thats true but most of the o2 sensors dont need to be replaced usually something else causing the lean out and the end sensor is throwing the code..if it was a bank one rich code then the sensor has sent the system into open loop..but as every thing else in maintenance simple parts are often over looked..before replacing the O2 sensor

Had an issue with one we use to have, may not be any ones else's however ours came from leaving the gas cap off during gas fill up and allowing the engine to run while fueling up the car???

just a suggestion...

Had an issue with one we use to have, may not be any ones else's however ours came from leaving the gas cap off during gas fill up and allowing the engine to run while fueling up the car???

just a suggestion...
that will set of emissions and GM will send a gas cap code

thats true but most of the o2 sensors dont need to be replaced usually something else causing the lean out and the end sensor is throwing the code..if it was a bank one rich code then the sensor has sent the system into open loop..but as every thing else in maintenance simple parts are often over looked..before replacing the O2 sensor
Open loop, u mean when they r wide open for 180 seconds when u first start the car, then they never close?

Back
Top Bottom