• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.308 Battle Rifle

I would like to thank everyone that has posted up and gave me their opinions.

Although there were some really nice guns mentioned, some of them are unfortunately out of my price point ($2500 SCAR, $5000 Stoner, etc.). I am lingering more toward a FAL or a AR-10 just because of availability of mags, parts, etc in my area. Plus, an AR-10 would be similar enough to my AR-15 that my wife could run the rifle without much issue since she is already used to it.

Ammo and practice isn't really an issue because I have plenty of .308 and by the Grace of God, enough space to use it.

My most important points were long range accuracy and price really. I have enough guns that are accurate up to about 500 yards, but I am wanting something semi-auto that can push it out a little further if needed as well as be easily operated for up close and personal work as well.

Again, thank you all for your comments and inputs. Keep it coming!

I'm in the same boat and I've narrowed my choice down to the PTR 91. I really wanted an M1A but the magazines are hella expensive. You can get HK G3 surplus magazines for for $3 or $4 a piece. I was at my local range a couple of weeks ago and a guy there had a PTR 91 which also helped convince me. It shot great and seemed very well put together upon visual inspection.

Here's one for ya: FNH FNAR. With a muzzle brake, (this one is a clamp on by Wills Machine) recoil is so mild I can keep the crosshairs on target for crazy fast follow up shots. You can't beat the quality of FN barrels either. FN guarantees sub MOA accuracy and with the right ammo, you can push her 600-800 yards. IMG_0567.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom