• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.308 Battle Rifle

NWS... Dude, thats alot of scrach for a rifle, and if these are based off the M110 SASS, don't waste your money... the M110 wont hold a Man size target at 800 meters. and thats out of 16 M110's we shot... A M14 EBR will hold head shots at 800m... I'll let you shoot all the .308 out of my LAR8 you want... Esp. if you have a 600 meter range or more to shoot on, I need a dope book on that LAR8.

I've been really happy with the Smith and Wesson M&P 10 (AR-10) so far. It's only 8lbs out of the box, fully-ambi, solidly built and uses regular (cheap) DPMS mags. Plus the price is hard to beat for a 308 rifle.

It's got no gun-snob appeal, and it's definitely not as pretty as an M-14, but I think it's probably a lot more useful and it's definitely less finicky. So far I've shot everything from hot Hornady to DAG plastic training ammo in it without a problem.

Agreed. Brass only in the LAR8. Love the ergonomics and the accuracy of the LAR8, but I picked up a Saiga .308 because i wanted a rifle that would eat anything that I put into the chamber, including dirt. :-)

If I had the extra $$$ I pick one up, I'd like a .308 that shoots crappy ammo... On a semi-unrelated note, my G21 LOVES steel cased Tula ammo, and HATES Winchester White Box ammo... Go figure.

Glad to see the AR10 type has gotten a lot of traction in this thread. It really is the best design for a combat 308 available today. Also, don't go all snobbish and overlook the DPMS rifles. They make several variations and the one I owned would print 0.63 MOA groups after barrel break in and using the right ammo. Never had any problems with it at all and ran it hard. If you look, you can find new free floated variations for under 1000.00. They are reliable and accurate. What's not to like?

...........anyone want pics :D

I still want a ar10, vepr or saiga, valmet, galil, norinco ndm, orf yugo m76.........anyone need a vehicle fixed as im obviously gonna need the cash

...........anyone want pics :D

I still want a ar10, vepr or saiga, valmet, galil, norinco ndm, orf yugo m76.........anyone need a vehicle fixed as im obviously gonna need the cash

Yea... I should have bought one of these while I was on active duty... M76.jpg

Pick up a few and see what feels good to you, an Ar10, M1a "prefer Fulton Armory", Cement, Fal, Just really depends on the money you plan on dumping into it as any AR10 or M1A can end up being the price of a ten year old car that you would drive daily to work, as well as the ammo you plan on shooting, whether it is grade, or not. One good thing about a fal, is its generally going to be able to eat machine gun ammo and over powered surplas that a M1a just can not handel, FAL food is usually that for a reason. Granit correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom