• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 CM Bolt Gun Opinions

300_whisper

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
92   0
Reaction score
Here’s the deal...into precision guns. Have 3 full blown customs. I have an AR I’ve been trying to trade for an upper tier 6.5CM (Seekins, Bergara Pro, Christensen) but to no avail. I have also been thinking about a budget build. Looking at Mossberg, Ruger American, etc. Last option is full blown, balls to the wall custom. Issue with that is time and money. I don’t have $4k at the moment and a build like that with quality smiths is 1-2 years out. So....

1. Go budget build, what style rifle, and what upgrades

2. Mid tier

3. F it, full custom, suck it up and wait

For a lower end build look into savages, they make absolutely awesome rifles. And KRG has a chassis option for them now too, the alpha 180 and it’s a wicked chassis. Not sure what price you consider low end but between the rifle chassis and decent glass you’d be around 2-2500.

1) Watch Snipers Hide and pick up clean low count barreled action and put into the chassis of your choice.
2) Buy a Tikka T3X Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor, pay local gunsmith to thread 5/8x24, install brake of choice, drop into chassis of choice - KRG Bravo my vote.
3) Buy a Savage SA rifle - sell everything but action - use action to build barreled action with barrel of your choice - Shaw, Criterion, etc. Drop into chassis - suggest Oryx.

I have done all three of the above. Two custom barreled actions - one 6.5CM and one 6XC. A Tikka Varmint in 223. Savage semi0custom in 223 and 6 Dasher.

1) Watch Snipers Hide and pick up clean low count barreled action and put into the chassis of your choice.
2) Buy a Tikka T3X Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor, pay local gunsmith to thread 5/8x24, install brake of choice, drop into chassis of choice - KRG Bravo my vote.
3) Buy a Savage SA rifle - sell everything but action - use action to build barreled action with barrel of your choice - Shaw, Criterion, etc. Drop into chassis - suggest Oryx.

I have done all three of the above. Two custom barreled actions - one 6.5CM and one 6XC. A Tikka Varmint in 223. Savage semi0custom in 223 and 6 Dasher.

2nd vote for tikka...thanks.

had a badass tikka t3 tactical in .223 in a manners PRS1. Got frustrated in tactical comps with drop past 750 yards. I should have kept it and rebarreled to 6.5CM.

I'm at least good to talk you into spending more money. But long run, a custom action with tight tolerances and the option for top notch pre-fits will save you money

that was directed at yardfag1. I’m sure he’s the same quality individual who would sell me an SKS for $1,000 bc “he knows what he’s gots.”

Back
Top Bottom