• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 CM Bolt Gun Opinions

I’d probably get a T3X of some flavor now. It’ll work and then over time, if you wanted, you could replace stuff yourself as budget allows until it’s basically a Tikka action and aftermarket everything else.

Does it have to be 6.5 Creedmoor or can it be 6mm Creedmoor? 6CM opens up some other options. An interesting trend pre-panic was that 6CM seemed to be dying off and replaced by some version of 6BR or 6GT. However with shortage of primers - especially small rifle, 6CM (and 6XC) seem to be reviving since they can be had in large primer brass.

Does it have to be 6.5 Creedmoor or can it be 6mm Creedmoor? 6CM opens up some other options. An interesting trend pre-panic was that 6CM seemed to be dying off and replaced by some version of 6BR or 6GT. However with shortage of primers - especially small rifle, 6CM (and 6XC) seem to be reviving since they can be had in large primer brass.
6.5 is commonly loaded with large or small RP's as well.

This is where things get a little silly. I already have a 6CM on a defiance action and a custom 700 in .308. I had a GAP and a gen II 5R in 6.5CM that I sold for optics and other rifles and now I miss the 6.5CM. It’s definitely a want and not a need.

Back
Top Bottom