• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

84 Corvette barn find

Well, going to need a pump, filter, sending unit, and tank. Can't think about starting it yet. See pics....

Attachments

• 20160321_145717.jpg
    20160321_145717.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 20160321_145858.jpg
    20160321_145858.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 145
Ouch. Have you put power to it yet to see if the dash/starter, ignition works? Those cars are extremely difficult to troubleshoot electronically.

The body looks clean enough to strip down and turn into an SCCA car OR a Vette Cart if it ends up being more rough than usual (Watch the Roadkill episode).

The cheapest route would be to remove all the cross crap FI parts and convert it to a carb setup.

At 225K miles, that may need all kinds of work to get back going. Probably a fun tinker car, but you will have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more in it than it is worth.

The big question is, why was it parked for 9 years? I have found most cars like that are parked due to bad engines/transmissions, electrical problems, misc other mechanical issues. Guessing by a trailer hitch, not sure that transmission would be in the best of shape if it towed anything Those were not the GM golden years for transmissions.

Power goes on this week. One step at a time just assessing what I have or not. Not worried about the electrical too much if I can trouble shoot down to components. Electrical systems on my helicopters is my 2nd full time job besides normal maintenance functions. I guessing this will have MANY misc mechanical problems.

Power goes on this week. One step at a time just assessing what I have or not. Not worried about the electrical too much if I can trouble shoot down to components. Electrical systems on my helicopters is my 2nd full time job besides normal maintenance functions. I guessing this will have MANY misc mechanical problems.
well at lease you wont have to tear it down every 80hrs..

Back
Top Bottom