• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

84 Corvette barn find

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm , but I had a 84 vette one time .Biggest mistake I ever made. Headlight relays blew every week and they were not cheap. Electronic dash was a nightmare . Would never start and run right. I paid $2400. for mine , spent a lot on it and sold it one night in the dark for $2700 I think. Glad to be rid of it!

I hear ya GT, but with 257K on it I figure there's been a lot fixed. I do have to fix the poor ground on the instrument lights and I'm still waiting on my fuel pump to get her running on her own to assess everything else that doesn't work. My sending unit came in but the place where I ordered it from didn't mention that both were shipping separately and they cant give me an order number for the pump. It does start easy with fuel down the TBs for now.

image.jpeg If it has a Z-51 suspension people love '84s for autocross. These guys are right, you can easily put way more money into it than it will ever be worth. So be careful with that. Has a crossfire in a 82, good motor, great low end torque. Just petered out about 4500 rpm. Anyways , ENJOY! And always remember all vettes are cool. Save the wave.
Pic taken at the National Corvette Museum last year. Meet the nicest people up there.

Back
Top Bottom