• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

96 Jeep XJ clutch issue? Help!

See if you can find a setup that has the master and clutch cylinder and the hose and is already filled and bled
I've seen those for sale

Also the jeeps use a special fluid available only from a jeep dealer
Using brake fluid will damage the seals

If you can't find the complete kit
You may need a hand held vacuum pump to bleed the lines

We swapped a hydraulic clutch In my old Chevy and normal bleeding would not get all the air out

We wound up using a vacuum bleeder on the bleeder screw and on the top of the hose leading from the master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df4778072daaab33fb593fd6033c494d.png
9d11509b7acb86e3eb9714f74fc95e07.png

Heat has always been an issue with Cherokees
The early V-8 models had vents from the factory

I've never seen a 6 cylinder 4 wd with a manual Trans

You got a special order oddball for sure

Nice though , I like a manual Trans

Changed the master cylinder, and swapped the gear oil with MT90. Hopefully this takes care of it. Plan on doing some driving soon, it's getting a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift installed on it right now, and I'm picking out wheels and some 31's for it over the next couple days.

With a 3.5 lift you can get larger than 31

True, but I'm looking for the best clearances I can get. The lift I picked should be about 4" actual, and the 31's I bought are pretty big. Also planning on a body lift with spacers, shackles, adjustable arms, etc. at a later date.

True, but I'm looking for the best clearances I can get. The lift I picked should be about 4" actual, and the 31's I bought are pretty big. Also planning on a body lift with spacers, shackles, adjustable arms, etc. at a later date.

You won't be doing a body lift on a Cherokee since it doesn't have a frame

It's a unibody , like most passenger cars where the body IS the frame

I'd do some test fits before you lift it
Or find one you like the looks of and find out what lift they have and what tire size

You won't be doing a body lift on a Cherokee since it doesn't have a frame

It's a unibody , like most passenger cars where the body IS the frame

I'd do some test fits before you lift it
Or find one you like the looks of and find out what lift they have and what tire size

Right. My bad. I guess the spacers and shackles are still a suspension type lift.

Back
Top Bottom