• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A good LEO encounter (granted it is from 2011)

Thanks for trying but it appears that no one wants to read about a good LEO encounter, and that's a shame.
sweet-brown1.jpg

That's fine. I appreciate the way this particular LEO handled the situation. He used just enough force/tone of voice to position himself on the side of authority, he didn't preach, he told it like it was. Let them know not to trespass (by asking if they had permission), your not hurting anyone, be safe BUT if it gets out of hand ( I get a call ), I'm coming back. He didn't ask names, didn't ask for ID or specifically where they were from. Basically the way I think law enforcement should be handled. No harm no foul. Could he have cited the kids and impounded their $hit? Probably. But the kids aren't "real" criminals. Show them respect and they will show it back. Kudos to that guy. Kudos to the kids for not trying to run too.

Thanks for trying but it appears that no one wants to read about a good LEO encounter, and that's a shame.

Sometimes you have to give folks a little bit of time to respond, especially at 10:39 PM. But I know if I had read the original post last night and then read your post I wouldn't have responded either. In my opinion it doesn't help at all to immediately go on the defense.

Back
Top Bottom