• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A man's love for the AK47...

I get choked up reading all this love for the AK...got a SAR-1 that I'll keep to my grave and an 84s under folder that is one of the most fun guns I've ever had.
My reason besides the obvious: they look cool, they work, they're as accurate as I can make them, so many options

Still need a mini Draco. Do they make one in 5.45? That'd be sick

I get choked up reading all this love for the AK...got a SAR-1 that I'll keep to my grave and an 84s under folder that is one of the most fun guns I've ever had.
My reason besides the obvious: they look cool, they work, they're as accurate as I can make them, so many options

Still need a mini Draco. Do they make one in 5.45? That'd be sick

Not a Draco but.....

slr106pistol-3.jpg

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1242.aspx

Its a reason that the AK completely kicked our balls through our teeth in Vietnam...take your AR in a dense swamp through, mud,rain, debris, without a cleaning kit in combat and lets see if your plate carrier isn't crushed into your sternum....all while you're clinching your precious piece of plastic. The AK can run in ANY CONDITION KNOWN TO MAN. The only reason they havent been to the moon is because NASA still secretky despises. The mother Russian cosmonauts and dear old Mother Russia herself.
What are you smoking?

As I read the feedback from this thread I just want to thank all the AK lovers out there for showing their support. And for those whom do not prefer the AK well to each his own. It doesn't change my opinion anyway.....I still love the Kalash!!!!!! And I have in my living will that I want to be buried with my AK and a smile on my face.

Hey I think Im entitled to my opinion here guys! The AK hasn't been really changed since 1947 .....The AR changes all the time.
Ok, now you are just making stuff up. Look, the AK is a great weapon for what it is. Actually, probably the best weapon for what it is. However, it had nothing to do with the outcome of Vietnam, it will not run in any condition (for one, sandy environments), and it has changed quite a bit since it was invented (that's why your guns are actually AKM clones and not AK47 clones). It's an awesome platform, no doubt. When you start making crap up though and acting like it was a gift from God it ruins all credibility you have about the weapon. It can be a great gun without gross exaggeration.

Ok, now you are just making stuff up. Look, the AK is a great weapon for what it is. Actually, probably the best weapon for what it is. However, it had nothing to do with the outcome of Vietnam, it will not run in any condition (for one, sandy environments), and it has changed quite a bit since it was invented (that's why your guns are actually AKM clones and not AK47 clones). It's an awesome platform, no doubt. When you start making crap up though and acting like it was a gift from God it ruins all credibility you have about the weapon. It can be a great gun without gross exaggeration.

The "credibility" of an AK can not and will not EVER be "tarnished".

Bottom line is...if you aint got an AK and are all up in this thread you need to GTFO.

I have witnessed AK's get run over by tanks and still fire. Not all of them did but a few did. Ive seen AK's work under sll conditions and thats all Im saying. This thread is to express my undying love for the Kalash. Maybe ill start an AR thread some other time but for now gte outta here trolls. Lol. Gotta love the ODT.

Back
Top Bottom