• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

why would i want to give someone i do not know my personal information so they could steal my identity? if you are an FFL i will more than happily fill out the 4473. if you are not an FFL, I'm more than happy to meet you at the FFL of your choice and you can pay them to do the transfer on a 4473. There is no reason on earth to give joe blow my personal information.
A "peek" does not give personal information.

Looking at a driver's license for a few seconds, without copying it or writing down any of the info on it, certainly IS "due diligence" and would go a long way towards making your conduct legal, reasonable, and non-negligent or non-reckless as a matter of tort law.

A 'peek' is not waving it in the air from several feet away for a half-second.

Looking at a driver's license for a few seconds, without copying it or writing down any of the info on it, certainly IS "due diligence" and would go a long way towards making your conduct legal, reasonable, and non-negligent or non-reckless as a matter of tort law.

How is looking at someone's drivers license before selling them a firearm performing any kind of due diligence? All that proves is that they can leaglly drive a car???

How is looking at someone's drivers license before selling them a firearm performing any kind of due diligence? All that proves is that they can leaglly drive a car???
or at least they could when it was issued...same as a carry permit has nothing to do with their current status...they could have committed a felony after and haven't bee caught yet...if you are suspicious, get their real name and google it or just don't sell to them...

so it absolves you of some responsibility in a civil case...does nothing for a criminal case...

This is a fact.
Truth is, if you list items on here and u use the PM system to set up the transaction you have a record of who and when you sold the firearm. A warrant to the ODT will produce the buyers personal information that we all provided to set up an account. Someone asking to see or flash me your wcl proves nothing, it does not prove the person you are selling to is not a prohibited person and you have zero proof you requested and we're shown a valid WCL. If it makes you feel better go for it, just know you're running laps.

I can memorize your driver's license number and date of birth in 15 seconds. I have never had to write down phone numbers or birthdays. How many more people like me are out there, that may not be as honest as I am?

Back
Top Bottom