• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors

You would think any GA dealer would find this site worth monitoring to see how the prospective client climate is like. It is amusing, though, that when I start typing 'adventure outdoo...' into Google I get a search option for lawsuit. LOL

It amazes me everytime one of these threads start that the same posters gripe the same gripes regardless of the store. Funny, I have been to most of these stores numerous times over the last few tears and dont see the same issues the regular gripers do.

I have been an AO regular for 20 years or more. Yeah, they need more people, yeah the service can be slow, yeah their gunsmith is a .....well, not very good IMO. The merchandise now is better than its ever been. Who else carries a full line of reloading components? Nice selection of holsters, if your a righty. And more cleaning supplies than a big box store. Oh yeah, and safe accesories out the wazoo. Could I get it a buck or two cheaper off the interwebs, yeah probably, but then I dont get it immediately and I like having Mom&Pop stores local to me and thriving.

Its amazing how all these stores stay in business doing it wrong according to a handfull of gripers.....that have never owned a store......YMMV

It amazes me everytime one of these threads start that the same posters gripe the same gripes regardless of the store. Funny, I have been to most of these stores numerous times over the last few tears and dont see the same issues the regular gripers do.

I have been an AO regular for 20 years or more. Yeah, they need more people, yeah the service can be slow, yeah their gunsmith is a .....well, not very good IMO. The merchandise now is better than its ever been. Who else carries a full line of reloading components? Nice selection of holsters, if your a righty. And more cleaning supplies than a big box store. Oh yeah, and safe accesories out the wazoo. Could I get it a buck or two cheaper off the interwebs, yeah probably, but then I dont get it immediately and I like having Mom&Pop stores local to me and thriving.

Its amazing how all these stores stay in business doing it wrong according to a handfull of gripers.....that have never owned a store......YMMV

I think this is pretty common amongst all things in life. Heck, even with guns. Have you ever been to the Kel Tec forums? If one was simply looking around, you'd think that Kel Tec's were the biggest POS out there, because it's mostly people complaining about bad service and guns, etc. Pretty much what ya have here. People who get good service don't normally come online and talk about it near as much as people who get bad service.

I'd like to visit AO myself someday, because the place looks like it has a bunch of stuff. Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the state and rarely get out that way.

I do own a store, and it wasn't the merchandise, or the amount of merchandise that turned me off, eventually it does catch up with you and cost you buisness. It wasn't a grap it was a complaint, about most of the personnel, not all, one older gentleman was very friendly and helpfull, but was overwhelmed with the over run of customers he was dealing with.

Not directly related, but just want to say that I purchased a Glock at Smyrna Police Distributors (Adventure Outdoors sister store) today and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. Staff was very professional and I was in and out in a reasonable amount of time. I will purchase from SPD again in the future and would recommend them to those who can buy there.

I really want to like Adventure Outdoors because they are a large store with lots of inventory and for the most part fair prices, but I have to agree with these postings here about the large crowd of customers relative to the AO staff. It's a nightmare on weekends and even still a challenge during the week. They just have too many customers for the staff they have. I've found them to be best in class on Glock prices, but on other items they are not as competitive as you might think. I have found these gun shops to be better on price in some cases and always much better on service and giving you the attention you deserve when buying something like a gun...GA Firing Line, Marietta, Big Woods, Canton, and Hi-Caliber, Canton. Over the last 30 days I purchased two guns and did a ton of talking to dealers, I found these three to be a much better experience than Adventure Outdoors.

If you are an educated consumer and know exactly what you want and need no time spent with you, then AO may be a good choice, but is you want someone to spend time with you and educate and help you with your purchase, these other shops are better.

2 hours!?

Man, I'd have walked...you're a better man than me.
I had already paid for the gun, it took an hour for the guy to get it and the paper work finished, ( he kept going back and forth between customers) the other hour was paying and waiting to be triple checked. And I went on a Tuesday, and had already did my home work and I knew which gun I wanted.

Last edited:
The new store is ok. Bigger but still not a large variety of stuff. Especially black gun stuff. Customer service, I don't even bother most places, but then I'm well read.

Back
Top Bottom