• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

advice on Tonneau Cover for Truck

I know they're not cool but when I bought the truck it came with the camper shell painted the color of the truck. I didn't realize how handy they are until I went camping and all I had to do was roll out the sleeping bag and a pillow and pile up in the back of the truck. I did buy a folding pad so it would make a little more comfortable. On camping trips it sure does beat the hell out of having to erect and take down a tent that's for sure.

I know they're not cool but when I bought the truck it came with the camper shell painted the color of the truck. I didn't realize how handy they are until I went camping and all I had to do was roll out the sleeping bag and a pillow and pile up in the back of the truck. I did buy a folding pad so it would make a little more comfortable. On camping trips it sure does beat the hell out of having to erect and take down a tent that's for sure.
Yep. Put a hard cover on my Sport Trac. Wish I had bought a camper shell. I know folks with the roll up and the fold up. Everyone seems happy with what they have.

I have put a total of three on my truck, first was Velcro roll up and after two years it shrunk and was ill fitting, second was soft folding and after two years it would sag and collect water between the frames, last was a hard folding back flip, was very expensive but has help up well and highly recommend the brand

I actually prefer a camper shell but if you have to haul anything tall or load via a tractor , they are a pita

I had a soft cover on my 02 Dodge Ram quad cab. It didn't leak at all. It doesn't add hardly any weight and looks very nice. It's a little higher in then center to aid water run off. It snaps on and off and does set the truck off really well.

update
I went with the Gator ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 59313
after several months I give it 5 Stars
easy install, doesn't leak

IMG_20230708_063537.jpg

I got a bakflip on one and an extang on another. Love the extang. Light and easy to remove. The bakflip is $$$ and heavy. Of course it is more secure it you keeping things of value in your bed. Both are more than 300

Back
Top Bottom