C ountry

Default rank <1500 posts
Old but still Bold, CSA Blood
1   0
Reaction score
This !!! In rural Georgia
Screenshot_20210208-230543.png

DSL is way better than satellite, cellular is awesome if your within range

I don’t know anything about speeds but someone that lives not too far from me for some kind of space package that came with an actual dish.... I am pretty positive it’s Starlink stuff and dude gets some super fast internet over the comps in the rural area

I don’t know anything about speeds but someone that lives not too far from me for some kind of space package that came with an actual dish.... I am pretty positive it’s Starlink stuff and dude gets some super fast internet over the comps in the rural area
Not in the rain he doesnt, in all fairness its come along way but the stability is still iffy

The reviews I've read so far say that Starlink uses different wavelengths that are not impacted as adversely as traditional satellites like Hughesnet and DirecTV.

DSL is OK compared to diaup and mobile hotspots, but its bandwidth limitations can't keep up with multiple users or data intensive useage like streaming HD (or better) media. (Which is squarely where we're going).

Plus DSL is EOL technology and providers are starting to pull the plug because the customer base can't support the infrastructure maintenance costs. AT&T announced late last year that they are not offering DSL to new customers. If you have it you can keep it for now... but eventually it's going to end.

The reviews I've read so far say that Starlink uses different wavelengths that are not impacted as adversely as traditional satellites like Hughesnet and DirecTV.

DSL is OK compared to diaup and mobile hotspots, but its bandwidth limitations can't keep up with multiple users or data intensive useage like streaming HD (or better) media. (Which is squarely where we're going).

Plus DSL is EOL technology and providers are starting to pull the plug because the customer base can't support the infrastructure maintenance costs. AT&T announced late last year that they are not offering DSL to new customers. If you have it you can keep it for now... but eventually it's going to end.
this is true for populated areas, but rural areas will continue on DSL for the time being, there just isnt enough users to justify running glass or even coax for broadband in the sticks. I have bonded dsl and get speeds of 30mbps down and and 10 mbps up

Back
Top Bottom