Allstate Insurance rate hike, 40%

Allstate is running a 108 combined. Can't see what the state of GA is running for them specifically, but they have to make changes somewhere to get that combined somewhere under a 100. Gotta foresee a rate increase coming with that kind of combined. Likely underpriced to begin with.

I have Auto Owners and they went up 20% on home and auto on my renewal next month. My agent told me that's not as bad as he's seen.

I have Auto Owners and they went up 20% on home and auto on my renewal next month. My agent told me that's not as bad as he's seen.
I changed from AO a year ago. Now Travelers.

With rate increases effecting pretty much all carriers, I only consider 12 month terms now. No more 6 month BS.

Allstate sucks!! I had a 2017 Harley Street Glide with them and when I purchased a 2019 they wanted $1800.00 a year for full coverage. I went to Harley Davidson insurance for the same coverage at $700.00 a year. Dumped State Farm for my auto's because they kept going up. They were double than Geico (who I have now) and they havent increased their rates YET!! When they do I will shop around again. Insurance is a racket. My Pops had Farmers for 20 plus years covering his house, (2) trucks, (3) cars, (2) show cars and a motorcycle. He placed a claim for hub caps that were of his show car and they dropped him.

I changed from AO a year ago. Now Travelers.

With rate increases effecting pretty much all carriers, I only consider 12 month terms now. No more 6 month BS.
I know they say you should price insurance every couple years, but I'm starting to think every year it should be done. I pay a year up front to get premium discount, it's close to 20%, but next year for sure I'll be checking out other companies. Remember the rates when you first got a DL? I looked at my fathers rates at the time and thought someday I'll be paying those cheap rates. Look at 'em now, Duh.

I know they say you should price insurance every couple years, but I'm starting to think every year it should be done. I pay a year up front to get premium discount, it's close to 20%, but next year for sure I'll be checking out other companies. Remember the rates when you first got a DL? I looked at my fathers rates at the time and thought someday I'll be paying those cheap rates. Look at 'em now, Duh.
Oh yeah, definitely shop at every renewal. Personal lines is very different than commercial. Personal lines is all actuarial driven. There rarely is a time when there is a relationship involved.

Oh yeah, definitely shop at every renewal. Personal lines is very different than commercial. Personal lines is all actuarial driven. There rarely is a time when there is a relationship involved.
And they insurance companies KNOW that commercial customers shop prices every year .
Personal customers never shop rates and terms unless they get a huge increase to motivate them .

Back
Top Bottom