• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one terrible at hunting?

You become a real hunter when you figure out its hunting and that doesnt mean killin and excitement lol

Think my deer hunting season came to an end yesterday.

Man don't give up. Ive had plenty of years that are deerless and I don't even want to talk about how many are buckless. I won't ever give up. I hit it harder this year then ever. I learned a ton and hit it hard. Found new areas to hunt next year and new tactics.
Going out next weekend to throw up a camera before the horns drop. since the hunters will be out of the woods and see what's wondering around these new areas.

If you want to learn a lot about a area go squirrel hunt it one time. You'll be surprised what you'll find and new areas. Late squirrel hunting is a good time to get out and do some shed hunting.

Last edited:
You OK man?

Extremely sore, but yes. The Lord Jesus is good and had some tell me something several months ago that kept me from falling. But hanging by your shoulders for some time was not good. After telling myself to stop panicking, i wrapped my legs around the tree, worked my way out of there and wrapped my arms around as well. Did a semi controlled slide down to the lower section, worked myself around that, then continued down to the ground.

Extremely sore, but yes. The Lord Jesus is good and had some tell me something several months ago that kept me from falling. But hanging by your shoulders for some time was not good. After telling myself to stop panicking, i wrapped my legs around the tree, worked my way out of there and wrapped my arms around as well. Did a semi controlled slide down to the lower section, worked myself around that, then continued down to the ground.

Glad you are ok

Glad you're ok.

Went out for my first deer hunt this weekend. Only thing I saw was a white tail heading the other way when I was getting into position yesterday morning. Couldn't talk myself into trying a tree stand, either. The other guys with me went up in tree stands and saw almost as little as I did the whole time.

It was still fun and I learned a lot about what not to do for next time. Something really right about hunting that I've missed for too long.

Back
Top Bottom