• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

An Update on a LGS Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
LGS Rant
Ok, I am normally an easy going guy. I usually do not let stupid things get me upset. But not today! I have a gun coming into my local gun store from an FFL in Alabama. I did not expect it to be in today, but I thought I would check just to make sure. I called my local gun store and asked if they had received a gun for me. The clerk checked and said that nothing had arrived in my name. No problem, so I thanked the clerk and was about to hang up but then the clerk said, "What kind of gun do you have coming?", "We may have it listed by model". Ok, so I told them it was a S&W M58. The clerk said, I had to be wrong because "S&W does not make a M58". I said, well yes they do. It is a .41 magnum. I was then told "Sir, you are mistaken. There is no such think as a .41 magnum pistol.". I thought I saw the problem, and said well it is a revolver not a pistol. The clerk then said "A pistol is a revolver. They are the same thing." Obviously, I am dealing with someone who is inexperienced and decided to let it go and just check back on Monday. BUT NO! The clerk then proceeded to tell me that S&W "pistols" have never been made in .41 magnum. And said then added this wonderful line, "Sir, if you do not know what you bought, how am I supposed to find it". That was all I could take. I lost it. Ended up with the manager on the phone and the bottom line is, my revolver is not in.

This was a thread I posted almost two years ago. I should say that my M58 did come in and everything was fine. But I do have to UPDATE this post. I was in this same LGS this morning. There has been close to a total turnover in personnel. I was greeted as I came in by a nice young lady. I told her I was just looking, and looking for revolvers in particular. She proceeded to explain to me that revolvers were antiquated (no she did not use the word antiquated, she said outdated) and not good for home defense, target shooting or really anything. I asked her why. She told me that for home defense a semi-auto was the best because it will hold more than 5 or 6 rounds and that at the range they were much more accurate. Ok, her opinion, and I decided to leave it at that and said thanks. However, she did not stop there. Revolvers are nothing but rust buckets that lock up “all the time”, require constant maintenance to function and, again said, only hold 5 or 6 rounds. After that, I politely explained to her that her opinions about revolvers do not mirror mine, and that since she works in a gun store she should know that revolvers can fire up to eight rounds, not just 5 or 6. Mine are not rust buckets, do not lock up, and do not require constant maintenance to function. I must have gotten the attention of others because the manager came over. After a brief discussion, he and I agreed to disagree and I left. I found the situation funny and sad at the same time. I guess in this store, if you are not into semi autos, they don’t want your business. Well, they have succeeded in losing mine.

Would you mind Pming me the name of the store? I have an idea based your your location, but would like to know for sure, Thanks

Or, you know, he could just post it here. I mean people post bad feedback and reviews in public for stores online all the time, for everyone to see. This doesn't need to be a secret.

Revolvers are for girls anyway :p. I'm good at just walking away when I come across a argumentative person, things go nowhere fast so why waste time.

Revolvers are for girls anyway :p. I'm good at just walking away when I come across a argumentative person, things go nowhere fast so why waste time.
Same here. Except for the internet. I argue all the time on here.

I'm sure your 41 mag is counterfeit. Haven't you heard of 3D printing? This kind of thing is happening all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom