• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

An Update on a LGS Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert on any weapon platform and will be the first to admit it, but I do my research and can usually tell when someone knows what they are talking about.

I have a very hard time holding my tongue when I hear someone behind the counter give advice like this, either because they are misinformed or just trying to move an item with a higher profit margin.

The time a customer was convinced to buy a Judge, the 'best home defense weapon made', because it was described as 'a 'pocket shotgun' comes to mind...

Would you mind Pming me the name of the store? I have an idea based your your location, but would like to know for sure, Thanks

Butshot, no I won't name the store, and here is why. This store did nothing unethical, the young lady in question was always polite, and the discussion never went further than a difference of opinion. Many members here use this store and their experiences are much different from mine. I just do not feel comfortable naming the store because it will serve no purpose. It was just my experience.

I had a similar situation last weekend. Went into a LGS looking for a picatinny rail. Went in looked around, girl behind counter asked if she could help me. Told her that I was looking for a single Weaver/picatinny rail. She points to a counter of quad rails. I said, no ma'am just the single rail. She said they don't make single rails, you have to buy this (once again pointing at the over priced quad rail). I said thank you and left. Worked out in my favor though since I have a buddy that works there (he was off that day) and he found one in the back room left over from some gun smith job. So, the item that they don't make, I got for free :)

Why bring this up if you're not going to tell everyone where the place is? I would think you'd want to save everyone a little hassle if possible. Or did you just feel the need to blow off some steam?

Probably just blowing off some steam.

Man, don't you know that you should have just bought a Glock? Everything else is crap and will get you killed. No Glock has ever failed and they will last for 100,000 years submerged in salt water after being run over multiple times by multiwheel trucks. Everything else is prone to breakage just from rough handling and should be discarded immediately.

Especially those damn wheelguns. It's not like they have the long and storied history or the few decades of product development of a Glock.

Gun store employees are often some of the worst educated salespersons in the world. The problem is that they think they are well informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom