• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And so it begins

I’m hoarding toilet paper
beat you to it!!!
DSC00180.JPG

No, I did not say that. I said the thread is encouraging a run on the banks, which it is. Every person that panic withdraws their money is contributing to what could end up being a serious problem. Why do so many people find it necessary to exaggerate what someone has said to make any kind of argument against them?
I'm just not so sure the ODT represents a significant economic pool....that would bring down the collapse of the United States....I'm just say'n

No, I did not say that. I said the thread is encouraging a run on the banks, which it is. Every person that panic withdraws their money is contributing to what could end up being a serious problem. Why do so many people find it necessary to exaggerate what someone has said to make any kind of argument aga
For someone that isn't encouraging it, you sure seem to make a strong argument in favor of it.

How many people do you think will read this thread? How many people do you think they will tell about it?
So what were you saying when you asked in retrospect “how many people read this thread? You have implied that simply by talking in this thread would cause people to run out and withdraw their cash.

Great thread! Let's encourage everyone to go get their money out of the banks and create a huge run that will destroy the banking system and the economy. That way any money you do manage to get out of the bank or have stuffed in the mattress really will be worthless. Fantastic idea! :wacko: :doh:

It all happens due to panicking account holders rushing to the bank to draw out all their money. Do you really think that encouraging that panic is a good idea? 1929 and the Great Depression would never have happened if not for people panicking.

A run on the banks is exactly what this thread is encouraging.
My only point is that the 32 people in this thread won’t effect anything…

So what were you saying when you asked in retrospect “how many people read this thread? You have implied that simply by talking in this thread would cause people to run out and withdraw their cash.

My only point is that the 32 people in this thread won’t effect anything…
How many other internet forums across the Country are having the same conversation right now? If even one person goes out and does a panic withdrawal due to this thread, it's one to many. Forums like this are the new "grass roots" and panicking in a situation like this is exactly the "movement" that can easily snowball. It's happened more than once before.

Back
Top Bottom