• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

and some say the feds don't check sites like these...

this is simple, treat every transaction as if it were being monitored. if you hear something like that about the background check, it should be an automatic no go. i sometimes like to think we all have more common sense that these idiots.

"I probably couldn't pass a background check", sounds too close to "I probably won't slit your throat and shoot you with your gun."

:bolt:
Exactly, users with multiple feedbacks/sitesupporters etc I don't too much worry about resident status/legality but I do check randomly. However anyone that gives me an uneasy feeling I begin to question, if they say they can't pass a background check, sorry no deal. Even if someone meets or exceeds a high asking price, you never know when you could be selling to a fed that has intent to bust you. I do everything legal as possible so that if I was to sell to an off duty plain clothes officer I would recieve no charges.

Owning guns is a right for all law abiding, non-crazy citizens... and that comes with responsibility. I'm a legal gun owner and want to continue to be- therefore if a deal sounds questionable or something just isn't right, I'll end it when the spidey sense says to.

(now don't that sound like a Fed's textbook answer ;))

Owning guns is a right for all law abiding, non-crazy citizens... and that comes with responsibility. I'm a legal gun owner and want to continue to be- therefore if a deal sounds questionable or something just isn't right, I'll end it when the spidey sense says to.

(now don't that sound like a Fed's textbook answer ;))
as the old saying goes "with great power comes great responsibility. The second amendment already treads a thin line of existance. Abiding by the law 100 percent of the time, carrying, operating and engaging in sales/trades/purchases. Along with legalities you have safety issues that have to be addressed, which is why I'm always EXTRA precautionary when dealing with brand new members,. If even the slightest mannerisms over the phone exist that make me uneasy, ill back out. Always let someone know exactly where you're going, when you'll be arrive, and when you should return. I text my fiance at the end of every deal and when I get there. Just a tip that's semi relevant to the at hand topics

I would love for them to call me. Boy oh boy would they get an ear full. And of course i would ask if they are feds just to see what they say. And whos to say everyone of those calls werent staged. last time i checked craigslist didnt allow gun sales.

Always let someone know exactly where you're going, when you'll be arrive, and when you should return. I text my fiance at the end of every deal and when I get there. Just a tip that's semi relevant to the at hand topics

Outstanding advice. Always have a plan should something go terribly wrong- with any transaction regardless of the member. Heck, the same goes for running into town for groceries. Never can tell what will happen- from auto accidents to zombies. Of course, the amount of communication can vary depending on the length of the trip.

Back
Top Bottom