• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another douche added to my ignore list.

From the OP: "This place gets worse by the day. Yet again, I get stalled by a seller who arranges and promises to meet, but suddenly, he has a better offer several days later"

IDK but it just seems complete douchebaggery to me to set an agreed price, meeting time and place and then "take a better offer" just for a few dollars.

so if you have a deal set and someone comes along and offers you more money before you leave to meet you will dump the first buyer and sell to the second?
Me personally? No. If I make a deal, I stand by my word that it's a deal. As far as others, it's the sellers right to do what they want with their things and that's the cost of doing business.

From the OP: "This place gets worse by the day. Yet again, I get stalled by a seller who arranges and promises to meet, but suddenly, he has a better offer several days later"

IDK but it just seems complete douchebaggery to me to set an agreed price, meeting time and place and then "take a better offer" just for a few dollars.

exactly, and i will never make a deal with someone like that....if you think your price is to low, set a higher price..

Me personally? No. If I make a deal, I stand by my word that it's a deal. As far as others, it's the sellers right to do what they want with their things and that's the cost of doing business.

and it's my right to never make a deal with a douche like that :)

and it's my right to never make a deal with a douche like that :)
But for hypothetical purposes, let's say that you're selling your home for $150k(hypothetical) and a family comes along and offers you your asking price. You agree shake hands and call it a deal. Before you start drawing up contracts, I come along and offer you $200k, are you going to stay with the first offer? Or take the 2nd?

But for hypothetical purposes, let's say that you're selling your home for $150k(hypothetical) and a family comes along and offers you your asking price. You agree shake hands and call it a deal. Before you start drawing up contracts, I come along and offer you $200k, are you going to stay with the first offer? Or take the 2nd?

If you have no character you'll do the second deal. Just like a D.C. politician.

If I am selling my home you won't meet me until we are sitting at the closing table. If you make an offer you include earnest money at which point I can accept your offer and we go under contract, or I can reject or counter offer at which point the home is still for sale. Nothing is binding until there is a contract. Same with selling a gun.

If we do not have a time, place, and price agreed upon, the gun is still available for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom