• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another douche added to my ignore list.

If I am selling my home you won't meet me until we are sitting at the closing table. If you make an offer you include earnest money at which point I can accept your offer and we go under contract, or I can reject or counter offer at which point the home is still for sale. Nothing is binding until there is a contract. Same with selling a gun.

If we do not have a time, place, and price agreed upon, the gun is still available for someone else.
I agree. Again, it was just a hypothetical

But for hypothetical purposes, let's say that you're selling your home for $150k(hypothetical) and a family comes along and offers you your asking price. You agree shake hands and call it a deal. Before you start drawing up contracts, I come along and offer you $200k, are you going to stay with the first offer? Or take the 2nd?

I'd respectfully tell the first buyer that I received a better offer and what it was and that if they want to match it they can have it.

Me personally? No. If I make a deal, I stand by my word that it's a deal. As far as others, it's the sellers right to do what they want with their things and that's the cost of doing business.

just checking...and yeah, it's the seller's right, it's also my right never to make a deal with someone who doesn't keep their word :D

just checking...and yeah, it's the seller's right, it's also my right never to make a deal with someone who doesn't keep their word :D
Believe me, I understand. I've been on here awhile and have been stood up, had people re neg on deals, etc., sometimes I leave neg feedback, sometimes I don't. I've never had an issue with people offering me more or less BC I have a price that I want for my items and if I don't get what I want, I don't sell it. I always list my stuff at extremely fair prices and 99% of the time, get what I'm asking for

But for hypothetical purposes, let's say that you're selling your home for $150k(hypothetical) and a family comes along and offers you your asking price. You agree shake hands and call it a deal. Before you start drawing up contracts, I come along and offer you $200k, are you going to stay with the first offer? Or take the 2nd?

one of two things is going on....either you way under-priced your house and you will pay for your stupidity...or the second buyer is offering way more than the house is worth and is going to end up backing out when he finds out he can't finance....either way, i'm sticking with the original offer until that person can't get financed or the deal goes through, but i would have done my homework :)

one of two things is going on....either you way under-priced your house and you will pay for your stupidity...or the second buyer is offering way more than the house is worth and is going to end up backing out when he finds out he can't finance....either way, i'm sticking with the original offer until that person can't get financed or the deal goes through, but i would have done my homework :)
Crazier things have happened. My parents listed their home for $750k and sold it to a cash buyer for $825k. Imagine if they would have stuck with the first offer

None the less, I agree, and stand by my word if I make a deal. I've never and will never make a deal and back out for more. If I get my asking price, I'm happy

Back
Top Bottom