• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another douche added to my ignore list.

I'd stand by my handshake, but I'm nearly retarded that way. I found a quarter million dollars once inside of a piece of furniture and returned it to the rightful owners. But again, I'm half a retard raised by good parents.

Good on you!

Found about 35k in an "empty" bag when working armored trucks.
More than I was making in a year and I didn't keep it either.
I did keep my self respect that day.
Some things you can't put a price on .....
(But 250k is close, lol):becky:

Good on you!

(But 250k is close, lol)
Not even gonna lie, if I find $250k in a couch, it's going in my safe

Found it in a cart drawer at an estate sale. The people (I learned later) held oil leases off the coast of Santa Barbara and didn't trust banks They had 4.5 million stashed all over the house in stacks of hundreds. This was one block down from my house in the Avenues in S.F. on 42nd. I would like to say I'd return it again but old age is setting in. I've been blessed so no worries on my part. I've never seen a U-Haul following a hearse anyway.

Found it in a cart drawer at an estate sale. The people (I learned later) held oil leases off the coast of Santa Barbara and didn't trust banks They had 4.5 million stashed all over the house in stacks of hundreds. This was one block down from my house in the Avenues in S.F. on 42nd. I would like to say I'd return it again but old age is setting in. I've been blessed so no worries on my part. I've never seen a U-Haul following a hearse anyway.

yeah, if i could find out who it belonged to that's one thing...if it was in a couch from goodwill it's going in my safe :D

Good on you!

(But 250k is close, lol)

yep, can't put a price on honor...and it's not like i don't need the money ;)

You're not the only one either. Majority of people on here would do the same. But, they'll save face for respect on ODT and say they wouldn't.
If a deal is set, it's set and I will honor that deal no matter what better deal comes along. PERIOD

But if a negotiation is still underway, it is still there for the taking for a deal that is sooner, cheaper, more, or just more convenient.

Hell if a deal to takes that long to hammer out details, it's probably not going to happen anyway.

That is not to say the meet is for several days, just the negotiations.

I just dealt with someone recently here, all on text, as he put his phone in the ad- no pm's. We spoke, he offered me a price for his pistol, of which I agreed to buy. I told him I will be back in town in a few days as I was out on a family emergency and if he could wait, which he also agreed to.

Then, the next day, he texts me and says a screw is broken/stripped and did not feel comfortable selling me the pistol. Then exactly minutes after he texted this to me, he texts another member here (who graciously provided this correspondence), saying my deal fell through, and he could meet him within 2 hours to sell the pistol. You guessed it, the seller got $50 more from the next buyer.

Then to add insult to injury, I texted the seller 4 days later asking him what he decided to do on the pistol, and the lying POS texted me that the pistol is at the gunsmith awaiting repair.

Since all of this was via text, not PM's, and without a confirmed meeting date/time, my scathing negative was removed by the mods. Would you want to deal with this liar if he comes up with more for sale items?

All for $50, this member loses his dignity and credibility forever.

Back
Top Bottom