• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another example of insufficient safety training by a CCW holder

Ol Trader Ron is probably a good ole guy. We all get riled up a bit from time to time, but most folks are here are good people. If the ODT ever had to take on another forum in a "my gun forum is better than yours" cyber deathmatch...we'd slaughter em' all. :D

Yes. I do dearly identify with trader Ron. He is my kind of guy !

but, still, I also love to have fun, so, Love you trader Ron, and ...

Dang it !

you got me there !

I am one of the crankiest persons I know !

After years of silly stuff, I figgered it out !

Anyone crankier than me would have whacked me years ago.

Ol Trader Ron is probably a good ole guy. We all get riled up a bit from time to time, but most folks are here are good people. If the ODT ever had to take on another forum in a "my gun forum is better than yours" cyber deathmatch...we'd slaughter em' all. :D

You dang right! Till the horse is dead!!!!!!!!

But this thread was started by a man who is a firearms trainer in Ga. and who has publicly stated that he is in favor of state mandated training in GA. for a law abiding citizen to be able to obtain a GWCL. He claims that mandated firearms training will keep the people of Georgia safe. That is a SHAM! A bunch of BS!

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=100721&p=603968&viewfull=1#post603968

His very own post at the top shows that this is a sham. Florida has mandated firearms training, and this man obviously had to go through it to receive his CC permit. But...........he still negligently shot someone, even though he was subjected to state mandated training.

So him spouting off at the keyboard and telling us (and anyone else who will listen) state mandated training will keep you safe, Pisses Me Off. He agrees that Georgia should impliment mandated firearms training for me and anyone else wanting to get a GWCL.

I don't think mandating training is the right way to go, however, I do think training is smart for anyone who is going to handle a firearm on a consistent basis. I haven't had "formal" training (my uncle who used to train at a Police Academy taught me some), but once the funds allow, it will be a priority on my list to go and spend some time with a certified trainer. In the meantime, I just do like I always have, exercise common sense and constantly reinforce the 4 rules to myself.

Seems to be what I see going on here too. I don't think training is ever a bad idea. Even if the government mandates it. What do you have to lose ? You gain a lot in any class. If it helps keep you and other safe then the pros out weigh the cons.

Sure I don't want the government telling me what to do. But all that aside training when it comes to firearms is a must. After all to get a drivers license you have to take a test don't ya?

I really hate the "you have to take a test to get a driver's license" argument, because it's not even close to being the same thing. First, driving is a privilege granted to you by the Government. It is not a protected Constitutional right. Secondly, the driver's test that you have to take, IMO, is equivalent to having a background check in order to get your GWL. The test is not "training". The government does not require you to take a driver's education class before you obtain your license (which would be training)...and that would be more of the equivalent of having to take a firearms training course.

Back
Top Bottom