• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you guys into crossfit?

Thanks for the input guys! That's why I love the ODT... Anyway, I am quite familiar with the gym scene. I have done it for years. I just get bored with the same routines and that results in me just losing interest. My goals with crossfit are: 1) Get back into a solid workout routine 5-6 days per week, 2) learn some new ways to break up lifting/cardio routines, 3) snap back into decent shape (I think I can see decent results in 4-5 months), and 4) use crossfit as a "fill in" to spice things up when I get to a plateau. I do not plan to stay in crossfit full time forever. I know I have to have balance and I guess that is what this is all about, finding that right balance for me.

I have always been the guy that says "you don't need a trainer" and I still am. I'm not really looking for training as much as I am looking for a group workout that challenges my ability and makes me stronger/faster/healthier. I am very competitive so the group fitness appeals to me----even if it's just vanity and ego driving me to be better than the next guy in my group. I find that competition helps me relieve stress from work/home life which translates to better performance in both of those areas as well.

I will keep you guys posted... I have some "before" pics (NSFW) LOL and I plan to take a series of images as I make my way through the next few months. Please...be kind on those posts!

Best advise I ever got was "never do the same workout twice" and I have lived by that ever since.

Back
Top Bottom