• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you guys smoke?

Well guys, I went a little nuts. I ordered what I thought was 50 ring size, but turned out it was 50 cigars. Good news is it's Perdomo so even if I hate them I can offload them, bad news is I don't have a cigar that'll hold 50 cigars...
First world problems, right?

Couple that with the My Father's and Drew Estates and this newbie has 70 cigars in the mail. That's right, seventy. I'm drowning in leathery, sweet goodness. Now to make some friends... Activate creepy stare....

e5426ab9b5a4be2f1f134274c50b7704.jpg

Get a humidity pack or some tubes you add water to and store them in tufferware.

https://www.amazon.com/Boveda-Percent-Humidity-Control-4-Pack/dp/B004LHQEOY?th=1

Thanks Megawolf!
I thought about freezing them, but the pros say that's bad too so this is a pretty good solution. I figure with me drowning in them I'll try a few in short order and see what I like, burning through them just whenever I happen to be away from the wife. It's crazy that there's technology that keeps Relative Humidity in what amounts to tiny paper sacks. Genius!

Quit smoking those nasty mother ****ers at the range. A few asshats smoke them during competitions blowing that crap all over everyone else can smell it 3 bays down.

Another update guys, I bought a 1950's humidor and it has a metal...looks like an air vent...thing in it. Any idea what that's for? Here's a picture, it's the black/gray thing in the middle with the vents. it's magnetic and sticks to a steel piece fixed to the lid.

iu

Another update guys, I bought a 1950's humidor and it has a metal...looks like an air vent...thing in it. Any idea what that's for? Here's a picture, it's the black/gray thing in the middle with the vents. it's magnetic and sticks to a steel piece fixed to the lid.

[Broken External Image]:

The image didn't come through but I imagine it's a refillable humidifier.

There are many ways to season a humidor. Since you already have the stogies on the way I'd recommend the Boveda seasoning kit. I've put the link below. If you do opt for using the included humidifier make sure you use distilled water or a propylene glycol solution. Tap water will lead to mold.
https://bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/seasoning/?sg=14

Back
Top Bottom