• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you guys smoke?

Quit smoking in 2007. Not because of any ad. It was my oldest son at the time, he was 2. I saw him pickup a cigarette but and try to imitate me smoking. It was horrifying. I am sure all you dads can relate. Started with chantix but side effects were awful. Went cold turkey and gutted it out. It was the hardest thing I ever did.

There are many ways to season a humidor. Since you already have the stogies on the way I'd recommend the Boveda seasoning kit. I've put the link below. If you do opt for using the included humidifier make sure you use distilled water or a propylene glycol solution. Tap water will lead to mold.
https://bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/seasoning/?sg=14

Thanks for the link! That's what I'll do.

Quit smoking in 2007. Not because of any ad. It was my oldest son at the time, he was 2. I saw him pickup a cigarette but and try to imitate me smoking. It was horrifying. I am sure all you dads can relate. Started with chantix but side effects were awful. Went cold turkey and gutted it out. It was the hardest thing I ever did.

When I quit cigarettes I did it the same way. That was back in 1996/97 somewhere around there. If my kids picked up a cigarette I'd probably throw a walleyed fit. I don't care if someone else smokes cigarettes, but not my kids.

On the other hand, cigars are not cigarettes. One is a chemical laden cancer stick with fiberglass tied to the end, the other is pure tobacco that is only enjoyed once/day at most with none of the cancer problems. (see CDC study posted earlier). I wouldn't mind my boy having a cigar when he grows up. It would be nice to kick back after building a deck or working on the car with a couple of cigars and a glass of scotch, shooting the bull and enjoying life.

Well I tried the My Father Flor de las Antillas and thought they were just meh. Too much pepper and too little sweetness for this newbie. Next on to the Perdomo Champagnes.

south-park-mkay-smoking-is-bad-mmmmkay.jpg

Cigars are not supposed to be sweet.

Oh, I know. I'm not looking for a "swisher sweet" experience, but the kind of pepper heat on the MFs were not pleasant. I also couldn't get the smell I was looking for. You know, that cigar smell that's sweet and leathery. I've got lots to try though so that was just attempt #1.

Smoking what? Smoking green wood is bad. So is smoking gar fish or carp. Smoking cigarettes with all the chemicals and paper resins/fiberglass is awful and causes cancer.

Smoking cigars is great and actually good for you. :)

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom