• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

any older and or seasoned CWP folks, or LEOs please help me out!

Calibrated Speedo is only good for 100k, and if the original equipment tires are being used. They cut corners and put anything other than the Goodyears... Dismissed if a pace ticket.

one other point...I have heard often of people saying that if you ever get pulled over tell the officer "i need to declare a firearm"....Is this a COMPLETE load of bs?

It would have to be Too Fast for Conditions, GSP alone can cite for 10 and under. Applies to Radar, Laser, and Pace. Plus, if the patrol car has over 100,000 miles (which applies to nearly all of BCSO) it isn't valid.
Still stop you, but if challenged he will have to show the speedo is calibrated. Also any State officer can cite for any mph over the limit.

I guess my outside the loop post here is........I would rather be cited for any traffic violation that I am truly in violation of rather than some made up charge because of a gun after the fact. I have no problem paying for my fair share.....just keep it to when I really do the crime!

You see this is where I was thinking in the position of the LEO, I know I didnt have to furnish my permit, but for all I know when he got to his computer it could have come up that I was registered CWP
We don't have access to that information in Ga.

Back
Top Bottom