• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody carry a PMR30 for self defense?

make sure the front sight is screwed down properly before using it.I got a chance to shoot one at the range once and the sight fell off after one shot, the head of the screw/bolt is very small and you'll need a allen wrench to fit it perfect.

As a carry firearm it's 22 magnum caliber and large size makes it less preferable compared to a standard 9mm pistol

I have found that early on with my first PMR that the lighter rounds were most prone to the extract/re chamber issues. The 40 Grain or heavier do not seem to have the issues at all.
The latter guns have all been fed a steady diet of the heavier stuff.
I was told by a very reputable gun shop owner here in Ga. that my CMR will not feed reliably anything lighter than 40 gr. rounds. So far I haven't had any issues with the 40 gr. I shoot in it.

Just make the first shot count and any modern 9mm or .45acp and a host of others will do the job, you really don't need 30 rounds. If you need 30 rounds, at that point it is time to use a long gun or make sure you have enough mags of the earlier mentioned rounds.

Ordered one for my CMR30 mags and it works great! Loads all 30 rds. without a hiccup........
didn't know they made the PMR Mags loaders, so, I made one from a Glock 21 loader, works great. The PMR runs great but, I sure as hades wouldn't carry it as EDC too big, little boolets and too many other more capable stallions in the barn.

didn't know they made the PMR Mags loaders, so, I made one from a Glock 21 loader, works great. The PMR runs great but, I sure as hades wouldn't carry it as EDC too big, little boolets and too many other more capable stallions in the barn.
Not sure, but I would think that both models run the same mags, so the loader should work for either.

Back
Top Bottom