• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here like REAL old-fashioned cocktails?

I will also enjoy the occasional old fashion, but when it comes to an actual cocktail I normally go with gin in either a tom Collins or a sidecar. one of the worst mistakes I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing at a bar was when I ordered a simple Gin and tonic, got my drink took a sip and promptly spit it all over their bar and asked the bar tender wtf she just gave me, she then showed me the bottle of club soda. . . . .

this is why now 95% of the time I stick to beer and shots of tequila or burbon

Sing a Sling was my favorite long time ago. Last few times I've tried to order bartender didn't know how. Sad, just sad times.
Manhattan was a fav too. Dirty Martini with gin, CC and ginger, Mint Julep from Church Hill Downs are pretty damn good too. Hell I like em all.....:very_drunk:

Here is an old fashioned cocktail for you:

images

My wife's favorite cocktail is a Cosmopolitan. 3 parts Cranberry Juice, 2 parts Vodka, 1 part Triple Sec. Shake with ice and pour. Garnish with a lime.

My favorite cocktail is a Crown and Ginger, (Ginger ale, not a Ginger Beer). Put 4 cubes of ice in a cocktail glass, add three fingers of Crown, take an unopened can of Ginger Ale out of the fridge. Wave the unopened can over the glass, put the unopened can back in the fridge. The perfect Crown and Ginger. And...repeat.

As a long time bartender and alcohol enthusiast I love all things alcohol especially new and crazy mixture but their is nothing wrong with a great old fashioned if made correctly

Ever tried a "Man'O'War" ? Discovered it in Lexington KY recently. Yes, it does have some fruit but it is an awesome whiskey drink on a hot day.

2 or three fresh strawberry slices in bottom of tall glass. Drop in a few sprigs of fresh basil. Use a pestle to crush...just a little, no mush. 2 to 3 oz of Makers Mark to taste. Top off with some ice, not too much...then fill with lemonade (fresh if available). Stir gently...not to bottom of glass. Leave it dirty. Enjoy.

(Reminds me of a whiskey mohito)

I haven't seen it made that way from what I can find on the search

Back
Top Bottom