• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

APEX Tactical M&P 45 Duty Enhance Kit - For Novice shooter - Is it worth it?

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
I have a M&P 45 FS that I recently bought and have yet to fire. I have very little actual shooting experience. Will I notice a difference if I bought one of these? Honestly when I read you guys discussing a nice trigger vs a lousy trigger I am highly skeptical that I could tell the difference.

Should I shoot my gun first? Should I order the kit for about $90 and then shoot it? I would also need to pay a gunsmith to install.

For the casual shooter does this trigger make sense ($)? I only aspire to Minute of Man Marksmanship.

Thank you

Frank

For sure shoot it first. Also realize that the factory trigger pull will most likely smooth out quite a bit over the first few thousand rounds. If your not the greatest shooter spend the money on some quality firearms instruction. There are very few people who can outshoot their gun. People get new grips, triggers, barrels, sights, sight adjustments and trade out guns that "don't shoot well". I've seen hundreds of these guns picked up by a good shooter and punch the middle out of the bullseye. IMHO fix your skills that way whatever gun you pick up you'll shoot well. Unless you got the cash for both:D

Shoot it first. If you're happy, no need to invest extra $$$ in the gun other than sights, bullet tacos, and ammo. If you don't like it, it may make a difference for you. For the experienced pistol shooter, it definitely makes a difference, IMO.

It appears to be similar to the triathlons I attend. Some guys show up on $7,000 bikes but they don't train. They are still slow. And some guys show up on bikes worth $700 but they train. They leave the fancy bikes in the dust. The tool is a poor substitute for skill. Until I get instruction and put in my range time it doesn't matter if I have a Highpoint or a Les Baer. I still suck.

Back
Top Bottom